Taj Mahal Cuisine of India

Serves meat, veg options available. Typical non-veg Indian food menu but does have a vegetarian section with tofu, mock meats, and veggies. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by GigaTigga
bartlettljc
bartlettljc

Amazing Vegan choices

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

This is a frequent spot for my husband and I to order carry-out during our busy academic season. The owner is knowledgeable, and they have a vegan menu available. It's usually not very crowded for dining in, they seem to do most of their business through carry out. Great flavors and many options, including dishes we wouldn't normally be able to order at a standard Indian restaurant since they wouldn't be vegan.

Pros: vegan menu, delicious flavors, carry out
Cons: not strickly veg
Chelsey
Chelsey

Great Food

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

They have a plethora of vegetarian items on the main menu and you can ask for a vegan menu that has even more veg. options! They also have a vegan home-made mango ice cream that is great! The staff is very friendly and courteous, and the atmosphere is good.
Highly recommended!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 25, 2011

Pros: Plenty of options, Tastes good, Healthy
Cons: Price
KarenAJ
KarenAJ

There's a entire vegan menu!

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2010

Very vegetarian conscious. There is even a vegan dessert :) Great place to eat.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Very friendly owner/staff, Delicious food
Cons: Kinda pricey

rawvegangirl
rawvegangirl

love this place!!!

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2010

It is a little hard to find, but if you know where the Sunday farmers market is then you can find the taj Mahal it is right next to the red clover health food store. This is my new "Go to" place, they have a vegan menu and everything i have had there is wonderful, my children (6 and 4) and husband also love eating here. the kids love the fruit and nut bread, yum!! It is not fancy on the outside or inside, and yes, as another comment left sometimes the owners son is there working and serving, but he was never rude to me or my family. I enjoy seeing him when we go there, it is a small group of us that eat this way (vegan) and it feels like a family to me so if he wants to have his son there working and not at home playing video games,, i support that. Go.....try it i think you will love it as much as I do!!

Pros: vegan menu, never busy
Miaow
Miaow

Do NOT judge a book by it's cover...

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

After circling the block for the third time, I finally found the hidden entrance to the Taj Mahal. Located in an old strip mall, the outside is not impressive. I was sure I was in for another trip to an Indian restaurant with a single vegetarian item on the menu and waiters unclear on the concept of vegan. I have never been so wrong in my life!

There are many vegetarian options and a whole separate vegan menu. The waiter is most likely your cook and if something isn't vegan or veg they are more than happy to make adjustments to fit your diet. The owner is more knowledgeable about vegan/veg diets than most people I know.

You immediately feel comfortable as soon as you walk in the door and the food will blow you away. The owner bent over backwards to make sure everything was just how we wanted it and never once did we feel like we were asking too much. This visit stands out as one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had. I was lamenting the fact that there weren't any vegan desert options when the owner informed me he had just added Mango Soy Ice Cream; it was so new he hadn't redone the menu yet. Pressed for time, I wasn't able to try it. Too bad, I'll just have to go back again!

So circle the block again and come hungry. Don't miss this one no matter how far you have to come!

Pros: Most likely the biggest vegan menu in NE, Waiter knowledgable on vegan/veg diets, Comfortable atmosphere
timhammond
timhammond

great food and service

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2010

There were only two other people there. I ordered vegetables wrapped in bread. It was the best dish I have ever had at an Indian restaurant.

Pros: great staff, great food
Ohkamp
Ohkamp

Great, unique vegan indian options

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2009

Definitely go for the Taj Skallop. It was in incredible. Garlic naan was really good too. I've never had indian that uses various faux meats and the vegan menu is huge! Friendly family that runs it as well. Very much worth the stop.

Pros: Great food, Unique dishes, Friendly staff
Kent
Kent

Taj Mahal Cuisine of India is a true gem!

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2009

What a great experience! The food at this restaurant is fantastic. There are numerous traditional Indian favorites and unique creations. The menu is very vegetarian friendly and they have a seperate vegan menu as well! They also have options for omnivores. The food was so good - seasoned well and very authentic. My wife and I both cook international dishes and we were very impressed. The staff was wonderful! They were very attentive and bent over backwards to make sure our experience was positive. The restaurant appeared clean and service was prompt. We are moving to Nebraska and visiting this excellent restaurant and meeting the kind, professional family working there was one of the most memorable parts of our recent house search! We can't wait until we have a chance to visit this establishment again. Highly, highly recommended.

Pros: Very tastey vegan options!, Incredibly friendly!, Very clean!
Cons: none
Goa789
Goa789

Great food

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2008

I loved the food. The staff was friendly and very helpful on what to order. It is a family owned restaurant. I brought a group of 8 and we requested separate bills. They kindly accepted our request and charged 18% gratuity for our convenience, which we thought was great!!(as plainly stated on their menus). Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone especially for people with vegetarian/vegan diets. Very resonablly priced.

GigaTigga
GigaTigga

Disappointing

1 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2008

Over priced food, rude wait staff, mandatory 25% gratuity for parties of 4, unprofessional staff (6 year old child in gym clothes), uncomfortable seating.

Cons: Over priced food, rude wait staff, uncomfortable seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Taj Mahal Cuisine of India: