Casual vegetarian Indian restaurant just outside of Sydney to the west, near Parramatta. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian

thecriclover99
thecriclover99

Great Food, Great Prices

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

Best value for money vegetarian restaurant!

The dosas and utthapams are top class

Pros: Price, Speed Of Order, Delicious
Cons: Atmosphere
KatherineH
KatherineH

A lovely lively place to eat!

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and each time I have found it to be such a busy and lively place. It is always full of local people and tends to get busier later in the evening. It is the sort of place where you order and pay at the counter and get a number for your table. Our meals were brought to us relatively quickly, and you can either choose drinks from a fridge or pour yourself free chilled water into plastic cups.

Each time we have eaten there, the food has been delightful and plentiful. Tonight I chose the masala dosa, as it was just what I felt like, and I wasn't disappointed - light and with lovely flavours and three dipping sauces.

After dinner you can have some fun deciding on which sweets to try from the huge counters full of Indian sweets. For the non experienced, such as myself when I first went there, it can be hard to know what the different sweets might taste like, but the ones I have tried have been pleasing and not too sweet - highly enjoyed by my two teenage children.

All the food is really very inexpensive, it is possible to have a good plate of wonderful Indian food for under $10. Would recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Great food, Informal atmosphere, Cheap
Cons: A bit noisy, More cafe style which may not suit all

Dear Owner and Manager of Taj Indian Sweets: