Taim - West Village

VeganInfoSteve
VeganInfoSteve

Best Falafel in town!

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

This place has really awesome food. The falafel has a choice of 3 different flavors - plain, red pepper and harissa... all delicious. The french fries are also some of the best you'll find, but is quite a large order for one person.

Pros: Excellent food, very clean, fast service
Cons: small - very few seats inside
Blacklizard
Blacklizard

Not just a falafel shack -- so much more!

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2011

This little place is so amazing. The best falafel pita we have ever had. It was so fresh and delicious. And all vegan. Incredible. We took our harissa pita to the High Line and had a picnic. Very memorable.

vegified
vegified

best falafel in nyc!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

yum, yum, YUM! the israeli woman who owns this place knows her sh*t. you will not find better falafel in nyc, i swear! unless you don't know good falafel. call me a falafel snob but i love my falafel and this is THE falafel place to go to in ny. what are you waiting for?

azoraa
azoraa

Amazing

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2009

I had read about this place and went out of my way to check it out - it was well worth the trip. I got the three-falafel platter and enjoyed everything on it. It came with a separate dish of several different sauces (separated) that you can use to add how much of which ones you like. One of them had a flavor I had not experienced before - it was slightly earthly and tangy. I also tried the tea and a sweet item to take out which were also good. They have several types of attractive salads as well (I did not get to try those however). If it was not so far away I would go here on a regular basis.

Pros: price, atmosphere, excellent food
Cons: tiny seating area, tricky location
charbovari
charbovari

it really is the best falafel ever

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2009

unlike most falafel places that serve the falafel with shredded lettuce and tomatoes, taim serves it with hummus and israeli salad (diced cucumbers and tomatoes) on lightly toasted pita... awesome!

Pros: great food, relatively cheap, mostly vegan
Cons: very limited seating

megatofu
megatofu

Best falafel ever!

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2008

I have been to Taim about 3 times and have only tried the "green" falafel (their falafel comes in three varieties). It is, by far, the best falafel I've ever had. I haven't tried anything else there, apart from a ginger lemonade, which was quite good. I don't know if I want to try anything else because it's worth the trip for me to get the green falafel.

Dear Owner and Manager of Taim - West Village: