Serves meat, veg options available. Tofu or wheat gluten can be substituted in all dishes. Very friendly and professional staff. Ambiance is classic Chinese decor. Closed on Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
2636 Stevenson Dr (Taylor Ave )
Springfield, Illinois 62703

XVeganSxeX
XVeganSxeX

Spicy!

3 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

Many dishes can be made vegan if you ask them to leave out the fish sauce. I like the basil rice with tofu. If you order it spicy, be prepared for it to be very hot!

Pros: cost
jhawk
jhawk

My Favorite Tofu In The Capital City

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

This southeast side restaurant is one of my favorites in the not so vegetarian friendly capital city of Illinois. The quality of the vegetables is fresh and the number of dishes on the menu is extensive. I have three favorites that I rotate through. Kung Pao Tofu with Peanuts, General Tso's Tofu and Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. Veg appetizers are limited to Veg Egg Roll, Fried Wonton, Fried Tofu, and Edamame. Wheat Gluten is available but I have never tried do to avoiding Gluten as much as possible these days.

Pros: Tofu, Wheat Gluten Available, Smiling Staff
Cons: Hot & Sour Soup Has Pork Base

Dear Owner and Manager of Tai Pan: