Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food eatery, non-veg but has vegan Daiya cheese, soyrizo, soy ground beef, salads, guacamole. Cooked on separate dishware and are marked 'V' on menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by CarleneParrish
Hippiecatlady
Hippiecatlady

Oh my gosh! this place made my day!

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

So freeking delicious!! I haven't had an enchilada in 3 years, and theirs made with Daiya was perfecto! I had the enchilada and taco combo! Great service as well. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

Authentic Vegan Mexican food

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

I checked this place out today. The place was not easy to find. It is located on Harbor Place, a tiny shopping center, and it is next to Il Docce Pizeria. It is also in the same shopping center as Chaba Thai massage (I go there sometimes).

The food is authentic but without the lard. When I was there, there were 3 Mexican guys were eating and watching futbol on TV. So this is not just a place for Gringos like Chipotle. It is much better than Chipotle definitely. The lady who was there taking the orders was very nice. She dressed nice also and even has an accent. She reminds me of Pati Jinich. She explained all the vegan options (with the V on the menu).

She suggested the Vegan Torta which looks very good by I didn't feel like eating bread today.

I ordered the potato taco and cheese enchilada combination instead. The cheese was Daiya cheese. The rice (it is vegan now), pinto beans, and chips were included. The chips are thin and crispy just like what they have in other Mexican restaurants. They were fried on site and not from bags. Yum!

The food came out piping hot on a real plate and silverware. It was pretty good, especially, the cheese enchilada. I know it is Daiya but it was good and melted with the green sauce on top. I love the rice. The beans and potato taco were just ok and kind of bland. There was also a salsa bar (just like in Baja Fresh) so I added hot salsa on my taco and beans. The portion is big and the price is very reasonable.

I ordered Cancun Burrito to go for my hubby and I picked soy ground beef as an extra filling.

I was going to order Fried Soy Ice Cream but I was too full. I ordered to go Vegan Horchata instead. Yum, this vegan horchata is gooood.

I saw Machaca Breakfast Burrito that can be veganized. Hmmm....I haven't had that for years. I have to check it out next time.

I will definitely be back to try the Torta and Fried Ice Cream.

The only other thing that I want to mention is that the place is small with only a few tables. But there were customers coming in and out ordering to-go.

Pros: Authentic, Vegan friendly place, Reasonable price
CarleneParrish
CarleneParrish

Pretty Good

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

I have tried to find good local vegan Mexican Food, but was challenged until I stumbled upon Tacos Cancun almost in my own backyard. They offer a soy meat substitute which, mixed with their salsa, was quite satisfying. They have Daiya cheese as well. They made me a cheese enchilada which was good, but my daughters quesadilla was even better (whole wheat tortilla, filled with Daiya, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Pinto beans were good. Can't say I found much flavor in the rice. My husband had a bean and cheese burrito and liked it. Prices were so-so. For 3 meals and 2 waters it came to $24. I'll go back, but there is Taco Mesa further down 19th Street that is closer, so Tacos Cancun will play second to that.

Pros: Daiya cheese, Good tasting soy meat substitute, Nice variety of foods
Cons: Seating available, but small area.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tacos Cancun: