Taco Y Tequilla

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers about 6 vegetarian dishes on the menu in English, some of which are vegan or can be made vegan. Fun Mexican type atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man
hack_man
hack_man

I love Tequila, It Makes me Happy

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

What a nice surprise to find this on Happy Cow. I've only ever visited this place once back in 2010 whilst staying in Faro for a night before returning to the UK......and what a great night it was. The place was full when we arrived at around 9pm so we arranged to come back at around 10pm. Even then we stilll had to wait a while for a seat but after a delicious Margarita or two we certainly didn't mind at all. This place is a total party zone with great food, fantastic atmosphere and enthusiastic staff who actually appear to enjoy being there. The traditional Mexican food was genuinely superb with excellent vegetarian and vegan choices. It was freshly made and memorably tasty. After the food, one of the staff sat with us and poured tequila shots straight from the bottle to have with slices of lemon and salt. As far as I remember this was all part of the formality and I can't honestly remember beign charged for it as the bill was so reasonable. I tell you now, if I ever stay in Faro again I will definitely be going to Taco y Tequilla. Viva Mexico.

Pros: great atmosphere, food, staff & tequilla

Dear Owner and Manager of Taco Y Tequilla: