Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a separate vegetarian part of the menu and is happy to replace cheese with guacamole for vegans. Casual atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Hungry Couple
JayShoesmith
JayShoesmith

Great Place!

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Coming from Texas, I did not expect that they would change from sautéing their vegetables to steaming them. However, they did and they made an awesome burrito full of steam vegetables. Give a try if you are in the area.

Cons: Did not have a rice dish not made with chicken sto
VeganFam
VeganFam

great vegan meal!

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

I ordered the "Le Jardin burrito". The knowledgeable server talked to the kitchen & had the vegetables steamed instead of cooked on the grill. 3 types of beans were all vegan!
Great salsa bar with cilantro, lettuce & sauces added all the flavor.
Be sure to remind them to hold the cheese & sour cream.

yellowdog democrat
yellowdog democrat

Delicious with great service

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

Arriving late to Williamsburg on a week night, I found this place was open until 10 so managed to get there by 9:20. First of all, they were welcoming and not the least bit concerned about my showing up close to closing time. Second, it was delicious food. The cactus enchilada was incredibly delicious and came with rice and beans that were also tasty - I think if one asked them to hold the sprinkle of cheese from on top of the beans it would've been vegan deliciousness. The servings were big and I still managed to clean my plate, and without that overfilled, heavy feeling that comes with eating too much cheese at most mexican restaurants.

The service was great - she refilled my water glass without my having to ask - and the cost was cheap, less than $9 for the meal sans beverages. I might go back there tonight for another helping of those enchiladas!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, fun atmosphere
Hungry Couple
Hungry Couple

great veggie options

4 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

They couldn't do enough for us. Gave us many suggestions to keep us eating plant strong. Book mark this one!

Pros: helpful, good food, reasonably priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Taco Mexicali: