Serves meat, veg options available. Casual American Mexican restaurant with several lacto vegetarian dishes on the menu and has a separate vegan menu with around 10 items plus sides. Try the vegetarian jerk taco, sweet potato fries, and mango salsa. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mexican, Non-veg
1200 Villa Place (Edgehill Village)
Nashville, Tennessee 37212
615-730-8552

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by batsnbikes
hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Okay vegan options

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Vegan options are pretty good, but small. The margaritas and guac are great. Expensive for the amount of food you're given.

Raesock
Raesock

Jerk Taco!

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

I got two jerk tacos for my meal and they were amazing! Not spicy at all, which you expect from something with jerk sauce, but I loved the flavor. I hadn't had plantain that way before. My husband had the vegan enchiladas and liked them, but said the taco salad is better.
We got salsa as an appetizer. It is annoying they charge for it. Every other mexican place is town has cheaper food, and gives you free chips and salsa. The vegan chips are just cheap tortilla chips poured out of a bag (They fry the regular chips with the meat) and the mango salsa was mostly dry mango pieces. I won't get that again. I also didn't like that you don't get a side with your entree. When I asked about certain sides on the vegan menu the waitress would say "oh that is cooked in with the meat,do you care?" Doesn't inspire confidence.
Overall I wasn't super impressed, but that jerk taco was so good I will probably be back!
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 07, 2014

Pros: jerk taco, vegan menu
Cons: pay for chips/salsa, parking
kmilitello
kmilitello

Vegan menu!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

I visited this restaurant on a business trip with a meat eater, and we could not have been happier with our decision! Great food for both of us. Great chips and fresh salsa. I asked for the vegan menu, and there are many vegan options. The staff was very vegan friendly.

The vegan tortilla soup was a bit disappointing for the price. It's very light, mostly broth, not much substance. It tasted good but isn't worth the price tag.

I then had two different vegan tacos for lunch. Both tacos were delicious, but the jerk tacos did not taste "jerk" or spicy enough for my preference. It was good, but I prefer spicy to sweet. They do have hot sauces that you can add to spice things up a bit. My other vegan taco was very good.

I really liked the large outdoor seating area just because it was large and relaxing. The view is not anything special, but it was nice just to be outside in the beautiful weather.

Pros: vegan menu!, reasonably priced, good food

msmayz
msmayz

Luv this place - Freakin Vegan Taco is the best

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Taco Mamacita has a totally separate vegan menu -- make sure to ask for it before they seat you. My favorites are the Freakin' Vegan Taco and the Vegan Grande Chopped Salad, although I've also had the Guacamole Taco and the Vegan Enchiladas. The Freakin' Vegan Taco is SO GOOD -- definitely the best taco on the menu, better than the Jerk Taco and the Guac Taco. As for the side dishes, both the black bean & corn salad and the sweet potato fries are excellent. They have a special deal where you can get two tacos and a side for a reduced price. Also, they're open late (until at least 11:00 pm) every night.

Love the outdoor patio. Fun atmosphere with quirky Tex-Mex decor in a great location near Music Row. Nice, clean bathrooms. Parking can be a little dicey during peak hours, but the key is to find a nearby side street, parallel park, and walk a block or two. There's a pay lot across the street, but on-street parking is free -- you just have to find a spot.

Also, a gelato shop just opened next door to Taco Mamacita, and they typically have 1-3 vegan gelatos (sorbets) available each day!

Pros: Good portion sizes, Food comes out super fast!, Open till 11 pm
Cons: Loud, Often full of obnoxious Vandy kids, Drafty if host props open the front door
Astonangel
Astonangel

Excellent

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

Great setting and really healthy eating for veggies.

Pros: Patio Setting, Good healthy food choices, Good value
Cons: Way out from downtown
MikeG
MikeG

Worth A Visit

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2011

Taco Mamacita is in Edgehill village in the music row area. Parking in Edgehill village can sometimes be a pain, but it is worth it to support a vegan friendly restaurant. They have a separate vegan menu, so be sure to ask for it. On the vegan menu the have a few appetizers, side items and main course selections. The food was good, I had the avacado and jerk tacos as well as a three dip and chip appetizer. Casual atmosphere inside with a large-ish outside seating area. I will be making return trips.

Pros: Vegan Menu
batsnbikes
batsnbikes

They have a vegan menu!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2010

Fresh and delicious! Lots of vegan options (ask for the vegan menu- see photos uploaded). They offer a special as well where you get 2 tacos and a side for an excellent deal. I had the vegan jerk taco and the avocado taco. I totally suggest these. I had the black bean and corn salad as my side but I also had a sample of their sweet potato fries (probably some of the best I've ever had).
The atmostphere is clean and vibrant as well.

Pros: variety, vegan menu, fresh

Dear Owner and Manager of Taco Mamacita: