Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian options include blackened potato tacos, blackened tofu tacos, and veggieburgers. Vegan option are clearly labeled. Parking on street. Standing room only inside. Open until late. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
640 S Pacific Coast Hwy (/ in Orange County)
Laguna Beach, California 92651
949-497-1635

First Review by juliotnunes
Rich Revell
Rich Revell

Vegan Tacos

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

Great spot for a quick lunch or dinner if Vegan Tifu/Mushroom Tacos!

Pros: Vegan Offerings, Quick, Funky
NicoleB.
NicoleB.

AMAZING!!!!!!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Vegans and omnivores alike will rejoice in the sweet deliciousness that is Taco Loco. Even my omnivore (leaning towards herbivore) mother had one of the vegan options. We found it just driving by, so you can imagine just how pleased I was to discover a regular gold mine of vegan delights. Vegan blackened potato, mushroom, tofu, and veggie phish tacos in quesadillas, nachos, salads, or fajitas. Even vegan desserts! For ppl who need wheat-free options, the blue corn tacos were to DIE for. The people working there were just lovely, and even remembered that I didn't want cheese on my tacos. Seating is almost on the sidewalk, and a bit noisy, but really, just adds to the authentic feel. Best mexican food I've had since I've been to mexico! Flat in (moderately wheelchair accessible: i'm in a wheelchair and got in fine), but watch that the curb is very high, so opening the door is hard.

Pros: delicious, healthy, cheap
Cons: moderately noisy
PattyVeggiewoman
PattyVeggiewoman

Great!

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

My omni relatives and I (vegan) loved this place! It's cute, inexpensive, and has tasty food. I had the blackened vegie "fish" taco and the blackened potato taco. They were both good, but the "fish" one was my favorite.

It's not that difficult to find. It's small, but it is colorful and right on the Coast Highway. I can see that parking could be an issue, but we went on a Sunday evening, and it was easy.

Next time I'm in the area, I will go back!

Pros: Good food, Nice locale

MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Yummmmy!

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

I've tried their potato and mushroom tacos on blue corn tortillas and found them to be just delicious! They tasted very fresh and were filling as well. I also tried the tofu taco, and much as I love tofu found the mushroom and potato options tastier. So yummy, and fairly inexpesive.

Also note this place is a five minutes walking distance from another great vegan place The Stand, and about a 10 minutes walking distance from Whole Foods.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 26, 2011

Pros: fresh and delicious, many vegan options for an omni restauran
Cons: sometimes seating is cramped
MoFo
MoFo

Decent Eats

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2011

Went there with my omnivore sweety & we shared the chips and guacamole & I got the blackened phish taco salad. The guacamole was tasty, as was the salad. They made the salad 'spicy' by putting what I suspect was Tapatio on top- which I could have done myself. Reasonably priced & a nice size. They had kombucha too, and the service was fast & friendly. The omnivore was pretty happy with his shrimp tacos too- though they run a bit on the small side.

Pros: good value, outdoor eating, friendly staff
Guest
Guest

Small and hard to spot.

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2008

The restaurant is very small and difficult to spot. It can also be very difficult to park next to the streets depending on the day/time you go. There's very limited indoor seating, but there's a couple more spots outdoors. Definitely a nice place to hangout for casual outings. The food was affordable and fairly good, but I don't think I'll be returning just cause the parking is such a hassle.

Pros: Affordable, Nice location, Friendly staff
Cons: Difficult to park, Limited Seating, Noisy
HeatherRenee
HeatherRenee

YUM! Mushroom Tofu Burgers

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2008

I used to live in Laguna. I live in San Diego now, but sometimes I get cravings for the Blackened Mushroom Tofu burger at Taco Loco and end up driving all the way up to Laguna to have one. Yum...extra guac, both medium AND green sauce on the burger. Vegans should ask for no mayo.
I'm getting myself hungry thinking about it.

Pros: Delicious!
Cons: Noisy (right on PCH)
Veganmilitant
Veganmilitant

Delicous Vegan Options

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2007

Good location, outdoor seating. A small percentage of the menu is Vegan, but the vegan options are delicious! If you've never had good vegan "fish", than this is the place to get it! The Hemp burger is delicious as well.

Cons: Meat-based menu, a bit pricy
hcatloved
hcatloved

tasty

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2007

i'd heard a lot about this place before i went. but it was so good! definitely lived up to the name.. had the hemp burger with no mayo.. i'm definitely going there again soon. i like that they're open late too

Pros: open late, location
Cons: seating
Island Hopper
Island Hopper

Vegan Friendly - Good Food

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2007

Not vegan but vegan friendly. They offer a "Phish burger" which is very good and vegan. However, they put mayo on all "burgers" so don't forget to ask for no mayo. Mushroom tofu burger is also good (the Phish is better) but again it comes with mayo. Other tofu based meals as well but as always watch for the extras. Lots of non-vegan choices. Everyone can eat here and find something tasty. Staff is efficient but it would be nice if they could smile once in a while. Ocean peak view, outside seating but noisy since it's right on PCH. Don't forget a couple quarters for the parking meter.

Pros: Good food, Good portions, Quick
Cons: Non-vegan extras, Noisy, Mixed Grill
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Taco Loco

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2006

Very good place to eat. Not very many vegan things on the menu but there are some things to get. The tofu burger is the best here.

Dear Owner and Manager of Taco Loco: