Serves meat, veg options available. Has many vegan choices including falafel, hummus, and salads. Casual atmosphere. English, Hebrew, and Japanese spoken. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Take-out, Israeli, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

Treez
Treez

Lovely little place!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2015

The owner was awesome! I've never felt so welcome. I thought that I'd have a hard time because it wasn't a vegan place but I didn't. There aren't a ton of options but I was so happy with my food, I didn't care. I went with my husband and my son. Even my son absolutely loved it. Mind you, when people say cozy, they mean this place is tiny. We could barely move. However, my mouth was in heaven so I didn't really care. It's a little expensive. I would give it 5 stars if Happy Cow would let me ;)

Pros: great food, great owner, quiet location
Cons: a little expensive for a family, tiny place
OriAlon
OriAlon

a nice Israeli restaurant in the middle of Tokyo

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2015

map is off a bit, just search TA-IM on Google maps, very nice place tasty food and cozy atmosphere ☺

Pros: a fair selection of vegan meals
Cons: they also serve meat so if you're offended by that
Kimxula
Kimxula

I love this place - one of my favorites in Tokyo!

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

As mentioned, Ta-im is not vegan nor vegetarian, but they do have a few options for us and I went here numerous times the last time I was in Tokyo, because I simply fell in love with the place. It really felt like being at 'home'.

It's a small, cosy, little place - very nice and intimate, it feels like you are eating at someone's home. Dan, the owner and chef of Ta-im, is such a lovely, welcoming guy and he very helpfully told me about the veg options on offer. At lunch time there are 2 options, 1 vegan and 1 vegetarian. I've had both and they are delicious! A tasty soup to start off with, then falafel, hummus, warm pita (unlimited), red pepper dip and salad (you can also choose another lunch set that comes with an Israeli sweet for dessert; I personally wasn't fond of it, too sweet for my liking...but the rest of the food was superb). I have brought several friends here and they have all loved it and have commented on the comforting ambiance; my boyfriend who had never tried Middle Eastern food before really enjoyed the food and has since been back after I left Tokyo.

It is a bit pricey, but then this is Tokyo and Ebisu itself is a pretty expensive area. However, I love Ta-im, the atmosphere, the Israeli radio station playing, how at home Dan makes people feel there and the excellent quality of food there, so I am happy to pay :-) I can't wait to go back next time I'm in Tokyo.

Pros: Super cosy atmosphere, Friendly owner & chef, Delicious food!
Cons: A bit pricey

Tomo Okabe
Tomo Okabe

great taste!!!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

I went here for lunch the other day and I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with the meal.
the place is small but it's cozy and the people who work there are super friendly.
highly recommended

Pros: delicious
Cons: not much vegan options
circuschef
circuschef

Good food, poor value

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

Good food but not a good value for the prices. I like to support small businesses and the proprietor was very nice and friendly and generous, but this is, after all, a business and not charity. I would be happy to return often for the amazing hummus and friendly neighborhood vibe if it wasn't so expensive.

Pros: Friendly Service , Good Food, Excellent Hummus
Cons: Prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Ta-im: