Serves meat, veg options available. This small Old Town restaurant serves modern cuisine with Vegetarian and Vegan dishes. CLOSED/SHUT DOWN FALL 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Non-veg
Travessa Cais Herculano 8
Albufeira, Portugal 8200-173

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gomigomi

Wonderful restaurant

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2011

Being generally frustrated by the lack of vegan options in the Algarve, my fiancée and I were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a restaurant. Though rather difficult to find and not completely vegetarian/vegan, vegan options are clearly labelled and incredibly delicious. The owners are extremely friendly and knowledgeable about vegan food. We had a brilliant time at this restaurant and will most certainly be back when we are next in the region.

Pros: Many vegan options
Cons: Slightly difficult to find

Ta Bom

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2010

Ta Bom was a real treat! We were so pleased to have discovered this pretty little restaraunt as Kathleen and Wouter were so understanding and helpful in regard to my vegan requirements. There were two main dishes that I could choose from and the Moroccan dish that I chose was delicious! Also there was a sweet that I could have and that too was really tasty. This is not a dedicated vegan/vegetarian restaraunt it does offer alternative foods too. All food is organic too! The experience was excellent and I would highly recommend it. A hidden gem worth finding, it is on the free maps that you can pick up in the hotels and on some streets.

Pros: Vegan options, Organic, Delicious

Ta bom review

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

Nice, small restaurant run by a very friendly couple. They are happy to help and they understand vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Very tasty and healthy food. I must stress that it is not entirely vegetrian restaurant but they have good selection of vegetarian meals. I did like it a lot.

Pros: friendly staff, good value, excellent food
Cons: serve meat

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Ta Bom: