CLOSED: Symphonie Vegan

Symphonie Vegan is an international restaurant in Point Richmond. Their mission is to help people choose right healthy diet. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Asian, International Fusion
199 Park Pl
Richmond, California 94801
510-236-2118

Open Mon, Wed-Fri 11am-3pm and 5pm-9pm, Sat-Sun 11am-9pm, closed Tue.

First Review by Chia
featherives
featherives

I love this place

5 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

It's in my hometown really close to where my mother and best friend live. I ate here many days when I was visiting in July. I took many non-vegans and they loved it. I miss the taquitos.

The owner, Vanessa, was so welcoming and nice. I hope Symphonie will be able to survive!

Pros: excellent food, excellent service, inexpensive
larryabailey
larryabailey

Great Place to Eat While Visiting Oakland

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2009

The New World Vegan was great place to eat, just around the corner from the Marriot Hotels in Central Oakland. The waitress was very helpful in suggesting gluten-wheat free items on an extensive menu. The prices were very competitive and the food wonderfully full of Asian flavors. A person can see the restaurant was opened on a fairly minimum budget, but the austere atmosphere is over shadowed by the helpful, friendly staff and great food. I do not think that the citizens of Oakland really know what a jewel they have.

Pros: Interesting Menu, Helpfull Staff, Great Food
Cons: It is in Oakland
kindlizard
kindlizard

pretty good

3 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2008

We ate here quite a few times our last stay in Oakland. It was solid, not exceptional though. It was walking distance to where we stayed. The staff was helpful w the menu. The menu is broad. I'd go there again

Pros: solid
bigfootone.com
bigfootone.com

My favorite place in the bay!

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2008

New World is the best...where else can you get all vegan
Chinese,Vietnamese,Thai,Mexican ,creole,Italian and more?!
They are even open on thanksgiving,Christmas

and all holidays with traditional style
dinners.....so awesome..I would never think of
any of the dishes as bland as other people
have been saying in previous comments
...the service is pretty good but sometimes certain waitresses take a long time to bring check and change...but the food always comes really quick....the place seems really clean to me and I never feel claustrophobic in there because of the huge ceilings.....I've eaten here close to 100 times,,almost like my office away from home..thank you new world ...! Please keep the current specials pad Thai,and tofu piccatta a permanent on the menu...!

Pros: tofu teriyaki, Many cuisine options, clean
Cons: sometimes slow waitresses
P.NutButter
P.NutButter

Pretty decent

3 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2008

Used to work near New World, and frequented a few times for lunch...but not that often as the wait can be fairly long (even for not having many people in the restaurant). I thought the menu was creative, with many items to choose from. The prices are okay. The ony thing I liked, they sell really good acai juice (shots, bottles etc). the bottles are pricy, as well as the shots. Just nice to see on the menu.

Pros: large menu, close to city plaza, spacious
Cons: cult??, some items lack in flavor

NaomiStrange
NaomiStrange

just ok.

2 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2008

I've had takeout from this place. It did not impress me that much. The food was sort of bland (which is ok, I guess, if you like that sort of thing [i do NOT]) and it just wasn't all that great in my opinion. I haven't eaten in the restaurant, I've only ordered out. So I can't comment on the ambiance and service. However the food is the most important thing and in my opinion it wasn't that great. Sigh.

Cons: bland food
mizzrizz
mizzrizz

At least you know it's all vegan

3 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2008

I've only been to the New World Vegetarian once, and like another reviewer, I was not wowed. But, the friendly and attentive staff along with the eclectic menu will bring me back. We tried the the fresh spring roll appetizer sampler served with peanut and sweet vinegar sauces; tasty! The claypot dishes are tasty and very hearty. The vegan desserts are outstanding. Some of the baked goods come from Black China Bakery in Santa Cruz (chocolate cake heavenly) and the flan was pretty good for no eggs! Overall, this place is good and definately worth a try. The food is fresh and abundant, however I wish they'd have more options without mockmea.

Pros: Menu Variety, Fresh Ingredients, Attentive & Friendly Staff
Cons: Mock Meat
Guest
Guest

Wonderful!

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2007

This is the best vegan restaurant I've eaten in. Lovely interior, terrific service, eclectic menu. Fabulous tastes. Will return again and again. Each of the three of us dining together were "wowed" by our very different dishes.

Pros: terrific food, fast, friendly, service, menu variety
tartarugafechada
tartarugafechada

go for lunch

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2007

New World has tons of mock meats and typical East Asian and vegan fare; however, their Vietamese-style sandwiches at lunch (and occasionally for dinner if you can convince the cook on duty) are special. the mock-beef and mock-chicken are incredible and come with a decent mixed green salad with a very tasty house dressing. the vegan cakes here are also very very good. my favorites are the coconut and chocolate. the dinner entrees are a bit uneven. i found the stew bland, the noodles too garlicy (and i like garlic), and the chicken cacciatore excellent. the ambience is very relaxed with a large dining area, comfortable seating, and friendly waitstaff. overall, a good restaurant with some standout, excellent dishes.

Pros: lunch menu (sandwiches!), vegan cakes, vegan Thai coffee and tea
Cons: entrees are uneven
Chia
Chia

Hearty Food

4 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2005

The restaurant has nice decor and the food is good. The spicy "fish", the vegetarian gumbo, and the red rice were delicious & recommendable.

Pros: good portions, nice atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Symphonie Vegan: