Opened early 2013. Vegetarian organic restaurant always has vegan options. Very small with a creative interior. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic
Galileistraat 160 (Valkenboslaan, Weimarstraat, Laan van Meerdervoort)
The Hague, Netherlands 2561 TL

Sarita
Sarita

Vegetarian organic restaurant

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

Good that there is a vegetarian organic restaurant, but I was not impressed by the food for what you pay for it. The pasta dish was very simple. Maybe some vegetables and bit more of the meat replacer.

Pros: Vegetarian, Organic
Cons: Too expensive for what you pay, Not very special
Green-girl
Green-girl

Mwah

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I absolutely love the idea of more vegetarian restaurants in The Hague. But since there are more and more options, Symboise would be the last one I would choose. I ate there the week they opened and thought the food was tasteless. It remembered me of how vegetarian dishes used to taste like when I was little, but I think we are a little bit further in developing nice vega dishes, and unfortunately this wasn't one of them.

The restaurant looks really nice, really nice staff! But the food can get better! Sure they can do it. Good luck!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 03, 2013

Pros: Staff, Diversity on menu
Cons: Food, Price (so expensive!)
acadiechick
acadiechick

Cozy and delish

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

I just came back from Symbiose, one of the new vegetarian restaurants in The Hague, which is slowly turning into a vegetarian mecca. Hourah! Both the food and atmoshphere at Symbiose were great. We really enjoyed our vegan dishes and came out happily stuffed. The chocolate pie with hazelnut cream and a side shot of coffee liqueur was the highlight of the evening. Will definitely go again!

Pros: food, service, atmosphere

Maakun
Maakun

Good food

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

Symbiose is a vegetarian place where almost half the options are evgan, so I'd been waiting to check it out for a while.

The restaurant is quite small, but a very light and open space. They even have an open kitchen so you can see the cook at work.

The food was good. Well made, and they tried to make it a bit special. It's still Western organic style, but not boring at all. The portions were good too.

Service was great, but there was someone who worked there or was a friend of the people runing the place working on his laptop right in the restaurant which was a bit weird.

Price was decent; not cheap, but I wouldn't call it expensive either.

All in all a nice place to eat, and I will definately go there again.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not that many items on the menu
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice place

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

A nice organic vegetarian place a bit off the beaten path, but not far from the city center. To get there you can take tram 3 (tram stop Fahrenheitstraat) or tram 12 (tram stop Copernicusplein).

Nice food, vegan options for every course. Good organic wine, but not labelled as "vegan" (so far) .

Extremely friendly and attentive personnel, open for suggestions (if anybody knows a supplier for good organic vegan wine in NL, please let them know).

Cozy interior with nice details like many colorful Origami cranes as window decoration.

They've just opened their doors and so far I've been there only once, but for sure I'll get back.

Pros: nice organic food, very friendly staff
Cons: no vegan wine yet

Dear Owner and Manager of Symbiose: