Opened early 2013. Vegetarian organic restaurant always has vegan options. Very small with a creative interior. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic
Galileistraat 160 (Valkenboslaan, Weimarstraat, Laan van Meerdervoort)
The Hague, Netherlands 2561 TL

tslil
tslil

Great place

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2016

We were there while they celebrated 3 years for the place so there was a fix menu (Vegan or Veg) and everything was just great. The food was fresh and tasty! :)
Good vibe and the waiter was giving us an amazing service. We will definitely come again.

Maakun
Maakun

Good food

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2015

Symbiose is a vegetarian place where about half the options are vegan, so I'd been waiting to check it out for a while.

The restaurant is quite small, but a very light and open space. They even have an open kitchen so you can see the cook at work.

The food was good. Well made, and they tried to make it a bit special. It's still Western organic style, but not boring at all. The portions were good too.

Service was great, very attentive and friendly.

Price was decent; not cheap, but I wouldn't call it expensive either.

All in all a nice place to eat, and I will definately go there again.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 30, 2013

Update: I think the food that was already quite nice has slowly been getting better. The plates always look amazing, and the food is really good in the style. I've found myself coming here more often, really lovely place.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not that many items on the menu
Lizardjones
Lizardjones

excellent vegetarian restaurant

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2015

Spur of the moment meal led to finding a new restaurant. The Hague has added several veggie restaurants recently but we had missed this one.
Great atmosphere and lovely staff.
We had a delicious meal.
The root vegetable beignets with paneer were very tasty. Then a parcel with cauliflower and sprouts served with celeriac mash hit the spot.
Best of all chocolate mousse with blood orange sauce.
Just crazy that we hadn't found it before. Organic and season food. Delicious!

Pros: organic, lovely ambiance, good menu
Cons: off the beaten track

KarenNeumann
KarenNeumann

Excellent all around

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

Tonight when to Symbiose with my friend and we had an exquisite meal, every course. The lemongrass pumkin soup follwed by Empanadas and then a carrot cake for dessert.

There was plenty of food and it was hard to finish it all. The price was great.

Highly recommended .. run do not walk to this restaurant.
Yum.. will go again.

Whereas other people said they didn't get enough food and that it was expensive, I am not sure what they were referring to or how much they expected to get but in my experience all worth it and more than enough to eat.

Pros: Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Price
Green-girl
Green-girl

Mwah

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I absolutely love the idea of more vegetarian restaurants in The Hague. But since there are more and more options, Symboise would be the last one I would choose. I ate there the week they opened and thought the food was tasteless. It remembered me of how vegetarian dishes used to taste like when I was little, but I think we are a little bit further in developing nice vega dishes, and unfortunately this wasn't one of them.

The restaurant looks really nice, really nice staff! But the food can get better! Sure they can do it. Good luck!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 03, 2013

Pros: Staff, Diversity on menu
Cons: Food, Price (so expensive!)
acadiechick
acadiechick

Cozy and delish

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

I just came back from Symbiose, one of the new vegetarian restaurants in The Hague, which is slowly turning into a vegetarian mecca. Hourah! Both the food and atmoshphere at Symbiose were great. We really enjoyed our vegan dishes and came out happily stuffed. The chocolate pie with hazelnut cream and a side shot of coffee liqueur was the highlight of the evening. Will definitely go again!

Pros: food, service, atmosphere
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice place

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

A nice organic vegetarian place a bit off the beaten path, but not far from the city center. To get there you can take tram 3 (tram stop Fahrenheitstraat) or tram 12 (tram stop Copernicusplein).

Nice food, vegan options for every course. Good organic wine, but not labelled as "vegan" (so far) .

Extremely friendly and attentive personnel, open for suggestions (if anybody knows a supplier for good organic vegan wine in NL, please let them know).

Cozy interior with nice details like many colorful Origami cranes as window decoration.

They've just opened their doors and so far I've been there only once, but for sure I'll get back.

Pros: nice organic food, very friendly staff
Cons: no vegan wine yet

Dear Owner and Manager of Symbiose: