Swinger's Diner

Serves meat, veg options available. Colorful retro decor diner with vegan and vegetarian choices on the menu. Has agave nectar for sweetener option. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
groovychick
groovychick

Swingers Sure is Swingin', Man!

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

Don't make fun of my review title until you actually try this place.I LOVE Swingers! It is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. They serve meat but they have a lot of vegan/vegetarian options. On their menu everything vegetarian has a picture of a hand doing a peace sign next to it while everything vegan has a picture of a hand doing a thumbs up. Being vegan,at most restaurants there are not a lot of choices and I can usually narrow down the menu to like three things. However, an Swinger's there were so many choices and they all sounded super good. They serve breakfast all day so the last time I went there I had the vegan multigrain banana pancakes for dinner. They were super good! My dad who is not vegan or vegetarian tried a piece and said that it was probably the best pancake he has ever eaten; those pancakes were probably one of the best things I have ever eaten also.Breakfast entrees even include the option of scrambled tofu instead of eggs and vegetarian bacon. At Swinger's they even had vegan cookies and cheesecake for dessert. Beverages even included soymilk, almondmilk, chocolate soymilk, and vegan smoothies. They serve all kinds of good stuff like tofu, quinoa,sweet potato fries,falafel,vegetables,and even have vegan nachos. The inside of the restaurant is super groovy looking and looks like a vintage diner. The menu is covered with pictures of old celebrities; I enjoyed looking at it and pointing out the Beatles, The Ramones, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Raquel Welch, Goldie Hawn, and a whole bunch of other people I love. Anyway this review is super long and I think you get the point; just go there man.

Pros: really good food, super groovy restaurant, lost of good veg options
Cons: too far away from my house
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good breakfast

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2011

I ate here for breakfast last week. It's a good place to take omnivores so that everyone can be happy with their meal. There were several vegan options on the menu and I opted for the Soyrizo Scramble and added avocado to it. The meal came with black beans, salsa, and a tortilla, I felt that the combination of everything tasted really good. As stated in a prior review, Swingers is a fun 50's style diner and it seems to be very popular. I'd definitely go again.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

great late night spot

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2011

I've relied on swinger for over a decade to feed me at 2am when im out with a pack of wild omnivores. The most amazing thing about swingers is that they will make me a custom healthy quinoa veggie wrap without oils. They have plenty of unhealthy vegan food, as well. Its a fun quirky 50s diner kind of place. This location allows smoking outside so beware.

Pros: open late, will customize
Cons: occasionaly animal products get mixed in by m

Dear Owner and Manager of Swinger's Diner: