Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant with bar, intimate candle-lit setting in the evening. Marks the vegan choices. Brunch menu on weekends. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
24 N Main St (Music Hall)
Tarrytown, New York 10591
914-631-0000
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

First Review by JeffGrippe
Sally K
Sally K

Elegant atmosphere and pleasing food

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

I took family members to Sweetgrass Grill and they were pleased with the vegetarian selections. I enjoyed my Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie; especially the sauce, and my relative enjoyed her Carrot Ginger Soup and Quinoa Salad. I had a bite of the quinoa and it was delish. The servers were pleasant and casual. Not cheap, but worth it. On Mondays, they have a Meatless Monday selection.

Pros: Tasty food, Elegant atmosphere, Meatless Mondays
Cons: Bit expensive, Need rez
kvelistruan
kvelistruan

Okay but Dissappointing

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2013

We had to be in Tarrytown late and couldn't have dinner until after 9 and while there are not many Vegan options especially at that hour I was hoping the Sweetgrass Grill was going to be better than it was. I was wrong. My husband's black bean burger was of good size and tasted pretty good it seemed prepackaged, as did the the french fries. I only know about the fries because I ordered a daily special the Vegetable Napoleon. It was so small it should have been a single serving appetizer I had to be happy with eating french fries off my husband's plate. The Napoleon was very good, fresh ingredients, a great idea but it was just a couple of slices of zucchini and a piece of fried eggplant on top a tomato reduction. I hardly think it was worth the $18 that we paid for it.

Pros: friendly staff, Good Coffee
Cons: VERY LOUD ROOM, Uneven food quaility
JeffGrippe
JeffGrippe

Not a veg restaurant but a lot of good veg options

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

On the several times that I've been there, the were always between 30 and 50 percent of the menu dedicated to veg options. This place will give you food for both the veg and non-veg eater.

Both the Vegetables Wellington and the Veg Shepard's Pie were really good. There is also a special 'Meatless Monday' menu that has interesting dishes which change from week to week.

Because it across the street from the Tarrytown Music Hall, it is a very convenient place to go before a concert.

Pros: Interesting Food, Good Beer Selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Grass Grill: