Sweet Tomatoes - Katy Fwy

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of buffet-style salad bar chain, features soups, salads, muffins, breads, and desserts. Few vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Buffet, Salad bar, Non-veg
8775 Katy Fwy
Houston, Texas 77024-1703
713-365-9594

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Aly
SkipStein
SkipStein

Great Option for Vegan's on the Road

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

We ate here two evenings while staying with our non-Vegan friend in Houston. Great salad selections and food, Vegan items clearly labelled. Selection could be better; only one vegan soup but it was delicious. In the Ft. Meyers location they had a wonderful Vegan 'bean soup' but it was not available in Houston, only the Italian Minestrone but worth a second bowl.

NO Vegan butter options or salad dressings so we brought our own for the bread and baked potatoes! No one seemed to mind.

Pros: Fresh Vegetables, Good Selection of Contiments, Delicious soup
Cons: Not enough vegan selections, No Vegan butter or options
pennylane
pennylane
  • raw

healthy

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

They label what's vegan from their bean salad in the summer to bean chilli but on the down side its not always Vegan it changes seasonal check their menu online to see what's out

Pros: healthy , Vegan options
Cons: cucumbers are always old, need more Vegan options
tanyaviola
tanyaviola

Great salad bar!! Good for vegans too.

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I would say this is great if you're looking for a huge salad. The price is right for all you can eat. AND....you can easily look at their website (I used my phone) and look up the daily menu and it will tell you what prepared salads/soups are vegan! That was of great use to me. Lots of vegetarian items (those are marked already). Very clean and the vegetables are very fresh.

Pros: Great price, Fresh salad items, some vegan items as well
Cons: Not a ton of vegan items

Aly
Aly

Decent Restaurant

3 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2008

This is a great restaurant for vegetarians. For vegans, I would not recommend it. Nearly everything is labeled as either vegetarian or non-vegetarian, and for one price, it is all you can eat soups, salad, and pasta. However, the people behind the bars did not know if something was vegan or not, and it was not listed. When I asked the woman if a certain pasta was vegan, she just looked at me, so I had to ask if it had dairy or cheese in it. She had to ask a co-worker. It was only my mom and I, and the bill was something around 20 dollars. Definitely not a bad place. Very friendly atmosphere and good food, and very vegetarian friendly. However, as a vegan I cannot say I would recommend it to other vegans or go again.

Pros: many vegetarian options, buffet style, healthy food
Cons: a bit pricey, little to no customer service, not very vegan-friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Tomatoes - Katy Fwy: