Allergy friendly vegan bakery opened since Nov 2012. Treats are made without egg, dairy, soy, or peanuts with gluten free options. Uses organic cold-pressed coconut oil; organic agave nectar and whole cane sugar as sweetener. Also offers coffee drinks, vegan Brooklyn Egg cream soda, and Italian soda. more-less
1243 King St

Jaxvegan
Jaxvegan

Makes vegan easy

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2015

With places like Sweet Theory it certainly makes being vegan easy...a full scale vegan bakery...everything they make is vegan...get there early...especially on weekends to really get them in their fresh baking mojo...the smell is fabulous...but not nearly as good as the eats...cupcakes galore...buns...donuts...cakes...brownies...cookies...this place is small...not a lot of seating...but a definite old world Florida allure that is what the locals love...they do fresh coffee and their vegan saussage and biscuits are what everyone talks about! LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...

thebonz95
thebonz95

The BOMB!! The Vegan BOMB!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

This is absolutely the best place to go for breakfast or dessert! Vegan or not you WILL LOVE anything you order...and I know because my meat-eating hubby even loves going!! They come up with the most unique flavor combos that make your mouth explode with excitement. And don't forget their ice-"cream". For the longest time I didn't even realize they made ice "cream"...but they do and they rock it!I cannot say enough good about this place and the only negative is that it is too far from where I live. :) Oh and be careful if you are trying to grab something at the last minute after work...they are so good that some days they run out of yumminess and have to close early. My advice in this situation...CALL FIRST. Since I have to drive an hour to get there many times I will call in the morning to reserve what I'd like and let them know what time I will be there. This is a great service they offer!

Pros: super delicious, plant based - no animals harmed, amazing unique flavor combos
Cons: no delivery to Georgia :)
KimSonderman
KimSonderman

FABULOUS!

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2015

Thanks for making the most AMAZING maple "bacon" doughnut ever - OMG!!! Just tried it and it's to DIE for! Can't wait to visit and sample more.....LOVE IT!!

kamcat73
kamcat73

Fabulous hidden gem!

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2014

Don't blink or you might miss it. Fantastic bakery with amazing sweets! Highly recommended!

AnyaVBacon
AnyaVBacon

I love Sweet Theory!

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

Best donuts and cupcakes EVER!!! I'm glad it's far away from where I live... Otherwise it would be all I'd eat lol

Cons: It's not open enough and should be open earlier.
2067739
2067739

The whole menu is vegan!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

That even includes the sausage and bacon biscuits!

Pros: tasty, unique
aplusjimages
aplusjimages

Best Vegan Biscuits and Gravy

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Sweet Theory is a vegan and allergy free bakery in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. They have a great selection of donuts and sweets.

On Saturday and Sunday they offer the best biscuits and gravy. Love this place. They also do cakes and sweets for special occassions. If you are vegan and from out of town definitely stop by and enjoy.

Pros: Great Menu, Nice Staff, Biscuits and Gravy
Cons: Hours
pandapharmd
pandapharmd

Best. Treats. Ever.

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

I travel quite a bit and have tried vegan bakeries in several large cities. This is the best one I've been to so far and I don't expect them to be topped. I got a white bean sausage biscuit which smelled delicious and was just....transcendent. The biscuit had just the right amount of fluffiness and the sausage was so savory. I tried a cinnamon bun and a couple doughnuts and they were all amazing as well. I can't wait to come back to Jacksonville so I can enjoy theirs treats again!

Pros: Amazing, delicious food., Helpful staff and great environment., Reasonably priced and free parking.
Cons: Not one in every city!
VegansLivingSimply
VegansLivingSimply

the best deserts ever!!!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

When I was still living in California last year planning my big move to Jax I searched happy cow to see what was offered vegan wise in jax. And I found sweet theory... So I followed them on Facebook, their donuts and other deserts were the most impressive looking delicious looking things I've ever seen. I was more excited then ever to move to Jax. Now that I'm here I frequent this place almost weekly! They make fresh donuts daily and almost never run out despite their popularity. We can show up anytime of day and there will be almost warm donuts. And the creative toppings and flavors will blow ur mind! Vanilla latte donut, ninja turtles donut, brownie crumble toppings and so much more. I follow their Instagram so I can't stay on top of what's coming out next! They are so creative and the people who work there are so friendly it makes me feel at home very time!!

bdanthony127
bdanthony127

Thank you for existing!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

My 2.5 year old son is allergic to dairy and it is so hard for him to go to birthday parties and not be able to have cake. I bought a few cupcakes for him the other day when I found you and he said the Banana Banana was "delicious" and "Yummy in his Tummy." Every kid should be able to have a cupcake!

ascwing
ascwing

Heaven!

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

Our family LOVES Sweet Theory. We've been many times since they opened, so we've tried a variety of items. The donuts are delicious, especially the Stretch Pants (it has cookie crumbs on top!). The biscuits with white bean sausage and coconut bacon are a great savory breakfast or lunch, and the gluten-free cinnamon rolls are so good. Sweet Theory recently baked my son's birthday cake for his family party, and they topped it and his cupcakes for school with candy that I brought in specifically for our order. The cake and cupcakes were a hit, as I knew they would be!

Pros: creative menu items, friendly staff
Cons: small seating area
JessinJax
JessinJax

Vegan Heaven!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

Finally, the first 100% vegan establishement in Jacksonville!!! The rootbeer doughnut and lemon poppyseed doughnut were AMAZING! Also tried the chocolate whoopie pie with a strawberry middle and the chocolate chip blondie bites. All were so moist and amazing, you could NEVER tell they were vegan.

Pros: free parking, friendly staff, cute decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Theory Baking Co.: