Old fashioned ice cream parlor with a completely vegan menu. Features 16 total vegan ice cream flavors, gluten free waffle cones baked fresh daily, sundae, and banana split. Located inside JuiceLand. more-less
4500 Duval St
Austin, Texas 78751
512-666-8346

Open Mon-Thu and Sun 2pm-10pm, Fri-Sat 2pm-11pm.

First Review by nutritionchick
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Ice cream!

2 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

I am obsessed with any kind of treat, so finding somewhere the fully explores vegan ice cream including toppings/sauces etc definitely had to be done!

Before I start it's just worth mentioning that as a vegan and eco-warrior, I was seriously disappointed to be served my ice cream in a take-away bowl with a take-away spoon. How utterly unnecessary and disappointing. This is why they only get 2 cows from me, as our footprint is so damn important!

We were UK tourists so did not have a car- it is possible to reach by bus (it literally stops across the street, although i'm sorry I can't remember the number!) so if you allocate time, you can visit this place!

I picked something from the menu, and I did enjoy it! It was a bit...too indulgent (!) which is a lot for me to say that.
I think it's because since going vegan, I haven't binged on something so over the top sickly and sweet, you know??
Buy anyway, the ice cream itself was nice and I giggled like a kid about buying it, so that's what counts!

Oh and the juiceland place in the same room offers not only juices, but noodle/salad/ health boxes so you can technically go here for lunch and ice cream!
Updated from previous review on Monday July 21, 2014

Pros: all vegan, LOTS OF CHOICE!!!!
Cons: using disaposable stuff- not cool!, out the main city
saveur
saveur

Did not live up to the hype

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

Sweet Ritual had so much fanfare that I found it fell flat when I finally got around to trying it. The salted caramel and peppermint thin mint ice creams were not that memorable. I liked that they were not that sweet and had reasonable mouth feel, but the whole time I was eating it I thought how much more I preferred the ice cream from Thai Fresh.

cookiem
cookiem

Ice cream amazement

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

The number of vegan ice cream parlors in this country is so low, thank goodness for Sweet Ritual. I only wish they were somewhere other than Austin…. The hand-dipped goodness and soft-serve fun with toppings that are all vegan - it's paradise. The only problem is that I can't eat that much ice cream at once, because it's so filling. So, quickly solved problem: return again.

I think my favorite topping is the peanut butter shell! Add on chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and salted peanuts…. ohmigosh…..

Ok, love this place. I hope it heads north… if not, I will be back again and again when I am next in Austin! Thank you!!!!

Pros: All vegan, Soft serve, Peanut butter shell
Cons: Too many choices
nicolemonster
nicolemonster

treat yo self!!

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

Many varieties of vegan ice cream to choose from, as well as many vegan toppings...love love love this vegan ice cream parlor!!!

Teo
Teo

I need a part time job for this one

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2013

Love at first taste! Yep, i will need supplemental income after finding this Vegan ice-cream parlor. It's gonna take extra money for gas to regularly drive there so i can try everything on the menu!
There were people lining up for the treats served by Sweet Ritual, nevertheless, service was fast

Pros: Incomparable, Vegan ice cream dishes!, Fast service
Cons: Only one - so far

katy3
katy3

yummy vegan ice cream

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

I haven't had a waffle cone since I became vegan almost 2 years ago. The waffle cone at sweet ritual is so good! It's harder than a normal waffle cone so it can absorb more of the melted ice cream. Yummy!

Got a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of salty caramel to go with my cone. The salty caramel had a very subtle caramel taste, but I preferred the peanut butter. Wanted to try the cookie party but they just ran out. :( Next time.

Pros: tasty, friendly service
nutritionchick
nutritionchick

Deliciously decadent

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

The staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable about what is gluten free on the menu. The ice cream with fake butterfingers's and chocolate shell was heavenly. I cant wait to try another one of their many creative and tasty sounding combos!

Pros: friendly staff, many options, tasty!
Cons: a little expensive , small portions, bit of a wait for ice cream

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Ritual: