Sweet Pea Natural Foods Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Veggie-friendly cafe and juice bar inside market. Hot foods and organic salad bar with also soups and sandwiches. This company works with local & organic farmers to provide a seasonal vegetarian/vegan menu featuring sprouted grain baked goods and crusty breads. Does not accept coupons. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
5031 Main St (Village Square)
Waitsfield, Vermont 05673
802-496-7763

Open Mon-Sat 10am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by AngelaD
Love2eat
Love2eat

BEST VEGAN FOOD IN VERMONT!

5 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

I am not sure where the last reviewer ate but it had to be a different restaurant as I have a vacation home in Warren, VT and I eat 1-2 meals a day at Sweet Pea whenever I am in Vermont(10-12 times a year). I haver NEVER had a bad meal there. This is the only place I can say that about. The owners and staff go out of their way to make sure that everyone is comfortable and well taken care of. Sweet Pea reminds me of what all the small funky natural food stores used to be before they started to disappear. They have now added desserts to the mix, gluten free, vegan and delisous! Ask anyone in the Mad River Valley where to eat and they will most likely send you to Sweet Pea.

AngelaD
AngelaD

What happened??

2 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

I've been traveling to vt for nearly 30 years and love to try the vegan food all along the way. I've been a fan of Sweet Pea for many, many years. (before they moved to their current location). Waitsfield is a great town situated near Montpelier on gorgeous, scenic route 100. Sadly the last few years their food has gone downhill. Last week I visited and their cafe food was obviously out all day and was crusty and dried up. The salad bar had a colony of fruit flies hanging out in it. It could have used a stiring up or cover at least. The baked food was also dissapointing. The cupcake I bought fell apart before I got home and I never got to eat it! Finally, (sorry sweet pea!) but the cafe counter help was kinda rude. the cashier was very very nice, but the chef on duty didn't speak to us and had zero people skills.
I hope you improve sweet pea!!! I'd love to put you back on my list of top vegan food stops in New England. Not sure I ll make the trip to Waitsfield next year ;-(

Pros: in a beautiful town, has vegan food, cashier is nice
Cons: Awkward chef, food not covered, fruit flies

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Pea Natural Foods Cafe: