Sweet Pea Garden Pantry

A small cafe offering vegetarian and vegan food, since 2012. The owner is also the cook. Variety of sandwiches, vegan chicken salad, falafel, vegan cole slaw, potato salad, smoothies and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out
1244 5th St
Jellico, Tennessee 37762
423-784-9484

Open Mon, Fri 11am-3pm, Tue-Thur 11am-7pm, Sun 12-4pm.

First Review by BeanCounter
YohanaGenova
YohanaGenova

unexpected!

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

Wow. Would never have imagined that we could find such fresh and delicious food in the middle of no where. We were driving to Gatllinburg when we saw a sign on the road for a vegetarian place.
I had the ciabatta burger which was incredible. Do try!

Pros: vegan friendly, fresh, friendly staff
Cons: slow service but still nice
wforich
wforich

Great place for healthy, taste food

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Owner/cook Joanne is making almost everything from scratch and it shows. Food is delicious and healthy too. Lots of fresh salads (she made me a custom salad that was wonderful) and lots of innovative other healthy fare including smoothies. So rare to find this much love in the food and preparation.

Pros: Healthy Food, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere
Cons: limited hours
treednempls
treednempls

Nice Place

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

We happened to see this place listed on the food options for a particular exit as we were traveling through. We had just eaten but were curious. Since we were quite full we ordered just the vegan cole slaw and vegan potato salad to go. Owner was quite friendly and both salads were delicious! There were also vegan sandwiches and desserts available.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 07, 2014

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly owner

DanielleBunch
DanielleBunch

WONDERFUL

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2014

I dreaded moving back to Kentucky after spending a year and a half in New York City with vegan food readily available at all hours. Today, I accidentally opened my Happy Cow App and for the first time ever, a vegetarian restaurant popped up. It said Sweet Pea Garden Pantry was 25 miles away. I decided to try it today for lunch. Arriving at Sweet Pea, I was nervous as to what kind of vegan place would be in the middle of no where Tennessee, but was pleasantly surprised. The owner/chef was extremely welcoming. She put time and effort into our food. It was DELICIOUS. I cannot wait to go back again. I think once business picks up for her, she will need some help in the kitchen, but everything was great today.

BeanCounter
BeanCounter

You must try it!

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

This is a great little place to eat. The food was fresh and tasted great. It has been nicely decorated, and the owner/cook is really nice. It is definitely worth a try!

Pros: taste great, fresh ingredients, pleasant environment
Cons: limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Pea Garden Pantry: