This vegan bar was started by the folks from the Bye & Bye vegan bar. It has a similar menu and style but not quite as upscale. Vegan food include a appetizers and sides plus various bowls. Prices are inexpensive-moderate. Backroom seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Delicious food

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

Delicious food (got the Jamaican bowl and husband got the Jamaican sub). Drinks are good. We definitely did not fit in with all the carefully dressed hipsters but we still enjoyed ourselves. Go earlier... things start getting busy at night. Great patio out back.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 24, 2012

Pros: food, dim lighting, drinks
Cons: busy
Midge
Midge

Wonderful vegan bar & restaurant

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

I loved Sweet Hereafter -- what's not to love about a place that is all vegan, where you can order anything off the menu?

Not only that...the food is delicious, the drinks sublime.

We had sandwiches, a "cheese" plate, beer, and cocktails -- all wonderful.

A must-visit place in Portland for anyone who appreciates good food and drinks, vegan or nonvegan.

Pros: Amazing food, Fantastic cocktails, Great atmosphere
Cons: none!
amarello
amarello

Yummy!

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

Lovely place with delicious food. Had the curried cauliflower sandwich. I'm not a huge cauliflower fan, but this sandwich was amazeballs! Great beer and cocktail selection too.

Pros: Fast, Yummy, Beer

Stevie
Stevie

Sweet Hereafter, Portland

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I had dinner here on Weds evening last week. Its like a bar that also does food. Everything is vegan friendly. The food was great, the atmo was fine, no issues with service. Myself and my friends went a on a little bar crawl afterwards and ended coming back here again in the same evening.

Pros: All vegan, Great food, Nice atmo
elizabet
elizabet

Everyone loves this place!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

I would take my 92 year old, never has had tofu, Grandmother here. Seriously. We go here at least every other week if not multiple times a week. This second spot by the Bye and Bye guys does not disappoint. The food is great.

I *highly* recommend the Buffalo Sub and the Jamaican Bowl. Seriously, the coconut kale alone is worth going.

I like super-hoppy, well-balanced IPAs and the rotating taps here have gotten much better in the past 6 months. They also have the North Williams ( a classic carried over from the Bye and Bye's menu.)

Pros: great to take omnis, late night menu, super tasty
Cons: busy, sometimes too long of a wait for food
whosmeggyn
whosmeggyn
  • herbivore

Drinks are on point.

3 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

I haven't tried the food, but if it's anything like the Bye and Bye, I can get down. It is usually crowded and the drinks are normal priced. I would try this place at opening or on a slow day.

Pros: vegan
Cons: crowded, loud, dark
Akdouglas
Akdouglas

Filling & delicious at a great price

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

For $8 you can have a bowl of marinated firm tofu that's drizzled or covered in any number of delicious sauces with beans, rice, mild, spicy, ... and several other options on the menu including appetizers. We had the antipasto plate and it had almonds toasted with olive oil and rosemary, slices of apple, bread, hummous, green olives and some red sauce. Served without utensils. Several other options we want to go back and try. So full we didn't have room for dessert. Antipasto and two bowls (one with avocado for $1 extra) came to $25.

Pros: Original flavors, Delicious healthy vegan food, Generous portions for the price
Cons: Order at the bar. Full service bar., No host; no waiting list if it's full, community drinking & diner

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Hereafter: