Serves meat, veg options available. A restaurant that serves generous portions of salads, wraps, and frozen yogurt. There are usually soup specials, one vegan, one not. There are two specifically vegan options - sabzi and chick-p salad. All ingredients are organic and locally sourced. There is a strong focus on reducing carbon footprint. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Salad bar, Non-veg

First Review by conniex721
s144799
s144799

Excellent place to get delicious veg salads

3 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

Restaurants has two veg salads clearly marked on menu: chick-p and spicy sabsi (there may be another I am unsure). Both salads are excellent. They also use lots of local and fresh ingredients when possible. The drawback are that many staff aren't knowledgeable in what veg is (ex: a salesperson went to manager and asked if the bread was vegan, came back and said bread was not veg b/c it contains gluten). If you are concerned about having a veg meal, I would suggest sticking to the veg salads on menu and not make your own. I would not trust the salespeople in knowing what is veg and what is not. If you are a salad person, you will probably love their salads. I am not a salad person, but really like the salads that are veg.

Pros: Fresh/local food, Two marked veg options, Fast food like Saladworks
Cons: Staff not knowledgeable about veg option
conniex721
conniex721

Healthy and Tasty

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

I really like this restaurant. Prices are a bit steep, but I'm willing to pay for the local and organic produce. I've gotten the sabzi salad as well as a daily special. Both were delicious. I also appreciate that the dressing amount is customizable (as are all aspects of the salad!). I just wish there was a vegan dessert option.

Also, the kale chips are amazing.

Pros: Local, Sustainable, Customizable, Delicious
Cons: No Vegan Dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Green: