Serves meat, veg options available. A restaurant that serves generous portions of salads, wraps, and frozen yogurt. There are usually soup specials, one vegan, one not. There are two specifically vegan options - sabzi and chick-p salad. All ingredients are organic and locally sourced. There is a strong focus on reducing carbon footprint. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Salad bar, Non-veg

Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

First Review by conniex721
serosenberg
serosenberg

really tasty salad!

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

I love these kinds of make-your-own-salad types of restaurants and Sweet Green gets bonus points for organic and local ingredients. They even have a list of where each item is sourced from! Many of the menu item salads sounded delish and veganizable, but I decided to go with mesclun greens, caramelized onions, spicy sunflower seeds, beets, avocado and tofu. The last 2 cost extra, but they are what made the salad work. Went with the pesto vinaigrette, one of several vegan dressings - all are clearly labeled. The beets could have been more tender and juicy, but the salad was really excellent. My only complaint was that my husband ordered the Earth bowl with tofu instead of chicken and it came with chicken, so they made him a new one. Also, I ordered froyo for my son in a cone and they gave it to me in a cup. When I reiterated that I wanted a cone the guy just tossed the first one, which seemed pretty wasteful, but I don't know what else he could have done. Regardless, it's a really good lunch spot on the Main Line!

Pros: mmmm avocado, good dressings, organic
Cons: some mistakes with the order
s144799
s144799

Excellent place to get delicious veg salads

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

Restaurants has two veg salads clearly marked on menu: chick-p and spicy sabsi (there may be another I am unsure). Both salads are excellent. They also use lots of local and fresh ingredients when possible. The drawback are that many staff aren't knowledgeable in what veg is (ex: a salesperson went to manager and asked if the bread was vegan, came back and said bread was not veg b/c it contains gluten). If you are concerned about having a veg meal, I would suggest sticking to the veg salads on menu and not make your own. I would not trust the salespeople in knowing what is veg and what is not. If you are a salad person, you will probably love their salads. I am not a salad person, but really like the salads that are veg.

Pros: Fresh/local food, Two marked veg options, Fast food like Saladworks
Cons: Staff not knowledgeable about veg option
conniex721
conniex721

Healthy and Tasty

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

I really like this restaurant. Prices are a bit steep, but I'm willing to pay for the local and organic produce. I've gotten the sabzi salad as well as a daily special. Both were delicious. I also appreciate that the dressing amount is customizable (as are all aspects of the salad!). I just wish there was a vegan dessert option.

Also, the kale chips are amazing.

Pros: Local, Sustainable, Customizable, Delicious
Cons: No Vegan Dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Green: