Dairy frozen yogurt place that also offers vegan flavors, organic, and non-dairy soft serve. more-less
141 W Maple Rd (Old Woodward Ave)
Birmingham, Michigan 48009
248-792-6285

Open Sun-Mon 1-10pm, Tue-Sat 11am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by krystelynn
Cassidy
Cassidy

Sweet Earth - Vanilla/Chocolate/Passionfruit

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

So my friend and I stumbled into this place, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Atmosphere - There is plenty of space if you wish to sit down and eat inside. Everything was very clean and well tended to. The woman who helped me was very friendly and showed us directly to the vegan friendly items, seeing as this was my first trip inside. In the center of the building was a setup where you can top your ice cream with different options. When asking questions, the staff on hand didn't know everything we asked, but knew where to look to gain the right information for us.

Meal - I put a little vanilla, chocolate and passionfruit (the flavors of the week) into a cup, topped with some strawberries and raspberries. My favorite flavor was the passionfruit. Delicious and full of flavor. The only downside was that they only have a small handfull of vegan friendly flavors.

On a side note: My friend and I were both happy about the fact that they use biodegradable spoons!

Pros: Very Flavorful, Friendly/Attentive Staff, Biodegradable Products
Cons: 3-4 Vegan Flavors, Few Sugar-Free Options
rklaw
rklaw

• herbivore

Would love to love it...

2 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

...But the vegan machine was "broken" when my husband and I went to the store. I fully understand that these things happen, but the way they handled it was disappointing:

We spent several minutes looking for it and finally asked one of the employees, who explained about the machine, but made no apology. There no sign where the vegan froyo should have been, no note on the sandwich board outside the store, no indication that they were not able to offer something they advertise providing.

When I paid for my niece and nephew's dairy treats, I mentioned that I was disappointed with the lack of vegan yogurt to the employee at the register (a different one than my husband had talked to), and all he said was that it would "probably be back tomorrow" -- again, no apology was made, nor did he seem at all interested that there was a clearly UNhappy customer trying to gain a little satisfaction.

The kids loved their yogurt and I was impressed by the variety of flavors and gluten free topping options (my niece has Celiac disease), but the customer service was bad enough that, despite the fact that I still want to see if the vegan yo lives up to the hype, I am hesitant to return. If I do, however, I will add to this review, and hopefully be able to say something NICE.

Pros: variety, uniqueness, space
Cons: customer service
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Vegan Delights!

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

When I stopped in they had 4 vegan softserve flavors: vanilla, chocolate, mango & passionfruit. Have you ever tried Sweet & Sara vegan marshmallows? (If you haven't you have not fully lived!) Anyway, the vegan vanilla softserve tasted just like those marshmallows. It was delicious! The chocolate didn't taste very flavorful to me, but I like the flavor of deep, dark chocoate so this is just personal preference. The mango and passionfruit were vegan gourmet ices, so they were more the consistency of an italian ice. You can sample all the flavors and all were great!

Huge toppings bar. Lots of seating inside with a few tables on the sidewalk out front. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

batsnbikes
batsnbikes

Vegan Soft Serve!! Yum!

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2011

Very delicious vegan soft serve! When I went there they offered 4 different vegan flavors (vanilla, chocolate, lemon and strawberry). I tried a little of each and they were all very fresh and delicious. You can get the exact amount you want because you are charged by weight- a fair price as well. It is all self serve and they offer a few vegan toppings as well. My only complaints are that it is not all vegan and they only offer this really large Styrofoam bowls to use- very wasteful if you aren't eating a huge bowl of soft serve. They do offer recycling for the bowls at least.

Pros: vegan options, fresh, clean
Cons: dairy items, styrofoam
krystelynn
krystelynn

Awesome Vegan Soft Serve!

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2011

These guys have vegan soft serve, which is AWESOME. They also have a topping bar with veg options to put on your tasty dessert. It's a great little shop and it's open late to get your sweet fix!

Pros: open late, good prices, compostable/recyclable cups, etc.
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Earth: