Offers organic sugarcane juice plus smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, and acai bowls. Also sells pre-made items like cookies, kale chips, fruit leather, dried banana. Has a small produce stand and a fridge stocked with different products like coconut cane pudding, coconut yogurt, probiotic sauerkraut, and juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Hawaiian, American, Juice bar, Take-out
1472 Kilauea Ave (on Big Island)
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
808-934-0002

Mon-Sat 8:00am-6:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by twovegans
Bekah B
Bekah B

Refreshing acai and more...

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

I love this place and eat here at least once a week! The acai bowls are heavenly and refreshing; the variety of veg sandwiches they offer are truly yummy. I love how all of their food is mindfully prepared and served. I recommend this place to everyone!

Veggie_Yum_Yum
Veggie_Yum_Yum

Best Smoothie in Hilo...But don't come too hungry

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

I really love Sweet Cane and I believe that they have the best Smoothies in Hilo. Smoothies are refreshing and they have some unique combinations. Their sandwiches are also really good. It's not that their prices are expensive, but I think it is kind of pricey (even by Hilo standards) FOR WHAT YOU GET. The sandwiches are small/average size, but do not come with any sides.

I eat there often and really enjoy their food. It's worth a visit, but I wouldn't come here if I was really really hungry. Everything is fresh and yummy. Perfect place for a light lunch or maybe to grab a snack to take to the beach.

There is limited indoor and outdoor seating and staff is friendly.

Pros: SMOOTHIES, TARO BURGER, AVO SANDWICH
Cons: PORTION SIZE vs. PRICE
Guest
Guest

Really Nice and Quaint Place

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Very Small but very Comfortable little spot specializing in juices and smoothies all made with ingredients from there organic farm. Staff was really fun to talk to and interested in what they did. Some of em also work at the farm. Had a "Big" vegan sandwich with a lot of avocado and sprouts (YUMMY) and Taro Chips on the side. Washed it all down with a deelish Banana Cane Smoothie. Rarely does a sandwich and chips fill me up - but this was that good! I recommend this little gem and will go back whenever I am in Hilo. Kick back, relax brah, fill your belly - Enjoy
- They also sell there farm fruits and juices at all of the local "health food" stores - so support em there also!

Pros: Delicious and Filling, great vibe and staff, unique and fresh
Cons: What's Not To Like?

twovegans
twovegans

An interesting diversion

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

We stopped here for an early lunch on our way through town. The menu is basically just smoothies and sandwiches, but there’s enough variety to satisfy any vegan or vegetarian. The café uses organic ingredients that they grow locally. We enjoyed tasty smoothies and sandwiches. While waiting for our food, we enjoyed reading the posters and announcements about local produce and events. Organic sugarcane juice and other refrigerated to-go products are also available. The café is small with about only three tables. But, there was sufficient space for the guests when we were there.

Pros: Organic, Fresh
Cons: Small location; limited seating, Limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet Cane Cafe: