All-vegan cafe that serves a variety of baked goods and a rotating food menu. Sunday brunch. Their baked goods are sold at a variety of retail stores in the area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International

First Review by VeganInBethesda
veggiefox
veggiefox

Good food, not-so-good service

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

The food here is delicious. Best pancakes I've ever eaten. The mac & cheese lives up to its hype. Everything here I've tasted is good.

It's a clean place with a fine atmosphere, though nothing fancy.

On the other hand, the service isn't so hot. There's no menu, nothing posted on the walls to explain what you'll pay for what combination of food items. First-timers, be prepared to ask when you get to the counter and then try to make up your mind while the line behind you waits.

My first time there, I didn't know when I was supposed to pay, and they forgot to ring me up. After eating, I finally went back to the counter to ask for my bill. The woman told me another employee would be out to ring me up. I sat down to wait, and I think they forgot about me. I had to go up and ask again.

Also, be advised they don't serve coffee.

But I'm still giving them 4 stars because their food is delicious and it will fill you up.

Pros: delicious food, fair prices, best pancakes anywhere
Cons: inadequate service, no coffee
VeganInBethesda
VeganInBethesda

A rare find in DC area

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

We first discovered their baked goods at Whole Foods. The double chocolate cake and the blueberry lemon cake are my favorite (so moist and not overly sweet). I checked out their web site and discovered that they now also have a cafe that serves vegan food. My husband and I ate there two days in a roll, and we also bought many dishes to bring home to try (they know how to cook!!). We like everything that we tried and we are just so happy to discover this vegan cafe. This will be one of our regular places to eat from now on. We live in downtown Bethesda where we are surrounded by all kinds of restaurants, but there is no vegan place like Sweet and Natural. We normally walk to everything in downtown Bethesda, but we sure do not mind getting into our car to drive to Sweet and Natural. I wish there were more places like Sweet and Natural in DC area. This is one of the very few true vegan restaurants in DC area.

Pros: Excellent food, great value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Sweet and Natural: