Licensed cafe with a garden centre and peaceful atmosphere. Offers special herbal teas, some raw food, vegan options including vegan wine, fresh fruit smoothies, juices, coffees, hot chocolate, cakes, all day breakfast and lunch. Evening meal on Friday. Food is prepared from locally grown fruit and vegetables. The outside area is fenced off so children can run around. Friday nights opened for Dinner with Reservations. Closed Good Friday & Christmas Day, Boxing Day. Sell and serve own range of herbal teas to help certain conditions. Alfresco dining area. Garden centre at rear of Cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering
990 Great Northern Highway
Millendon, Western Australia 6056
+61-8-92966320

Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat-Sun 8am-5pm, public holidays 9am-5pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by woylielover
jasonlheath
jasonlheath

Nice place

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

Nice restaurant with interesting band on a Friday night when we went. Wholesome and enjoyable food.

Pros: Good range of foods, Tasty foods
Cons: A little far from the city
EzzieGriffin
EzzieGriffin

good tucker in the valley!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I'm so chuffed to find such a veggie haven in the valley. Although not cheap (what is these days!?) I have been twice in two weeks and had delicious meals and coffee both times.
Service a bit slow but that's fine if you are not in a rush and taking in the views around you.

Pros: variety, location, shop
Cons: casual service
Lilschulze
Lilschulze

delicious

5 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

Great food! Great service!! Highly recommend! So easy to order for 1 veg, 1 gf and 1 vegan!!!

Pros: food, service

cseneque
cseneque

Best Spicy Beans Ever

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

I have been here for breakfast a few times now, as the location is picturesque and far enough out of the city to make a special treat on a weekend.

The buckwheat pancakes are tasty and filling, although can be a little dry--although waitstaff are happy to provide extra syrup if asked.

The Mexican flavoured scrambled tofu was a bit on the bland side, although filled with veggies. The spicy salsa on the side was definitely required to give it some kick.

The spicy beans, however, are a standout. The sauce has a chili kick, and tastes so fresh and zesty my dining partners and I just have to try it every time, even if we're ordering other dishes.

For lunch, I've only tried the raw pizza and raw lasagne (which were daily specials). Both were very tasty and refreshing.

The raw apple cake, with red apples, is a particular standout, although the range of vegan desserts can sometimes be limited.

Pros: Great food, Beautiful setting, Accommodating staff
Cons: Service can be slow, A little hit and miss with dishes
ThrowingMuse
ThrowingMuse

Pleasant but underwhelming

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2011

With the welcome new arrival of the first vegetarian establishment in the Swan Valley, I dined here for dinner with 2 friends, as the dinner menu appeared to be more diverse and interesting than the lunch menu. In retrospect lunch would have been a better option to appreciate the aesthetics of the property; a relatively innocuous front opens to an attractive dining area and a large open plan garden out the back, a drawcard that is better appreciated during the day.

I ordered the Shepherdess pie while my two companions ordered Mushroom Risotto and Vegetable Lasagne (not vegan) respectively. I was under whelmed by the pie; It was certainly healthy and wholesome but on the bland side and without accompaniment. For $18 I paid for essentially 3 very cheap ingredients (brown lentils; potato; sweet potato). For that price surely they could have afforded a side salad to go with it? Although my companions had salads with their meals, they were also under whelmed by paying premium prices for middle of the road food.

I was a bit annoyed that one of the more interesting items on the menu, the spicy black bean soup, was unavailable that day. Also annoying was the lack of vegan cake; after I was asked by the owner my dietary requirements when I booked (and where I dropped that I was looking forward to vegan cake), they didn't have any on the night. They were quite adamant at first they were about to make a raw apple cake which sounded interesting, but then they changed their mind halfway during the main cause.

However the desert they did have, the silken tofu mousse, ended up the highlight of the evening ,being deliciously flavoured and a surprisingly thick texture. It was a good thing we ordered these well in advance, as it turned out they only had exactly 3 left when we asked!

To summarise, the restaurant has in its favour the distinction of being the only vegetarian establishment for miles nestles in a pleasant environ and boasting the occasional delicious dessert. In its disfavour are typically WA traits such as high prices for basic meals, a small yet unpredictable menu and service that is slightly vague and distant. Whether or not you'd want to eat here depends on whether the aesthetics of its location compensate for its culinary shortcomings

Pros: Back Garden, Silken Tofu Mousse, Food healthy and low sodium
Cons: Overpriced, Limited menu, distant service
woylielover
woylielover

yummy and innovative

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

We joined some veg*n network contacts for lunch at SVC and the food was a mixture of standard (veggie burgers) and innovative (raw carrot cake & raw summer apple pie). It was all pretty tasty and the service was friendly & welcoming. The outdoor area looks great for days when it's cool enough. It was 40C when we were there, so we were inside! They have vegan wines and beers and apparently would cater to any individual dietary need - either food or drink. Check it out!

Pros: innovative, friendly, nice setting
Cons: slightly limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Swan Valley Cafe: