Had vegan donuts (they come from the dunwell vegan donut shop) and a great espresso. The store sells the vegan go max foods chocolate bars too. Vegan cosmetics etc are also sold
Stumbled upon this store while walking around East Village to check out the veg*n eateries/health food stores in the neighborhood. Was originally headed to Lula's Sweet Apothecary but they were closed. I remembered this store was mentioned on the door notice so I walked in hoping to get some ice cream. Cafe was in the back and the rest was all non-food sustainable products. They had a lot of locally made lip balms, lotions, moisturizers, etc. Tried a couple, seemed nice. However the ice cream was not so good. Got two scoops, chai and chocolate, were too soft and tad too sweet for my liking. To be fair they did tell me it was very soft, but it was AFTER I ordered and when the staffer was already scooping it up. Could have asked me if I still wanted it. I would suggest you ask first if you intend to try the ice cream. They also had some baked goods, which didn't look too good.Pros: local products
Cons: soft ice cream
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Sustainable NYC closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 529 times since Jan 2013.