Serves meat, veg options available. Offers 10+ veggie rolls, of which several are vegan - ask about mayonaise. DJs Tuesday and Friday nights, live jazz Wednesdays. Open late weekends. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by aimeecow
aimeecow
aimeecow

GREAT VEGAN SUSHI

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

I went to this place with pretty high hopes. The Atmosphere was less than I expected. It's fun and young, but also very small and run down. Started out with the agedashi tofu (my favorite dish in the world) and it was probably the worst I've ever had. It was truly, BUT they took it back without a problem and took it off my check. I ended with the vegan desert mochi (a soft, rice dough wrapped around a scoop of ice cream) and that was just rock-hard and tasted like plastic... The only good thing, and honestly it's good enough to come back just for this, was their vegan sushi options. I'm sure you know that when you go out for sushi, you don't have a problem finding vegan options. You should also know that it's never anything super exciting. There's always one or two rolls of cucumber and avocado. Sushi Groove has a whole page, of 10+ veggie rolls that are incredible. They are not shy with unique ingredients. Some of the best sushi I've ever had. And the prices are great, too. If you're vegan/vegetarian and like sushi GO TO SUSHI GROOVE!!

Pros: Wide Selection , Unique Combinations, VERY affordable for sushi
Cons: Agedashi Tofu (starter), Mochi (dessert)

Dear Owner and Manager of Sushi Groove: