Sushi Domo - Green Acres Rd

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu features a page of veggie sushi. Be sure to specify if you are vegan, i.e. no mayonaise, etc. Price: Moderate more-less
Japanese, Non-veg

Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 4:00pm-9:30pm

First Review by Veganpassion
Gomi
Gomi

2nd address and recipes changed? Be sure to ask...

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2011

This is one of our preferred sushi restaurants in town, but it seems like their recipes and ingredients have been changing.

They've opened a second location in the south of town (28th & Oak) and shortly after that I asked about the miso and was told it contained fish broth though; we've been told it was vegan in the past. I also thought the rice wasn't as flavorful this last time. So I wonder if they've changed both recipes and brands.

By the way they are open until 9:30 Sat. and closed Sundays.

Pros: Good inari, Friendly staff
Cons: Staff don't always understand 'Vegan'
Green Bird
Green Bird

Best Veg Options

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2009

We loved Sushi Domo when we lived in Eugene and dined there regularly. It does get busy in the evenings, some nights we'd see the line and go elsewhere, but you can call in orders to go which we often did.

They have an extensive list of veg sushi. Like another reviewer I also love the dessert maki and I was a big fan of the sweet and sour rolls too. Pretty much all the veg rolls we tried were good. The sushi chefs are the same guys that are always there, one tends to roll a bit looser than the others and they're harder to keep together, but overall they're quality rolls.

They do have some odd hours and aren't open on weekend afternoons I think. We tried to take some friends there a couple times to find they were closed so check the hours before you go.

I've still not found a sushi place with as many veg options or as good. I highly recommend this place for a veg sushi craving.

Pros: Many options, Tasty, Friendly staff
Cons: Closed at times?, Wary about shared workspace with fish
XoDamienne
XoDamienne

Best Sushi in Eugene

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2009

Emerald City and Crop Burning are 2 of my favorites. Just watch out for egg as there are a couple of names for it on the menu. So delicious. Get there early - it can get packed at dinner time.

Pros: Many veggie options
Cons: A bit pricey, Can have long wait time

Veganpassion
Veganpassion

Order the "Gail Rolls!" You Won't Be Sorry

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2007

From the first moment I entered this restaurant, I knew I was going to love it. They have an entire vegetarian sushi menu, and I was in sushi heaven! Especially delightful are the rolls called "Crop Burning" made with avocado, cucumber, and shitake mushroom, and topped with a dab of spicy hot sauce, and the "Dessert Roll" a combination of mandarin orange, cashew, and coconut. Not on the menu, but always available are "Gail Rolls," which are made with avocado, cucumber, and inari (sweet fried tofu) wrapped inside-out and rolled in sesame seeds. Yum!

Pros: delicious sushi, wonderful waitresses
Cons: can get busy

Dear Owner and Manager of Sushi Domo - Green Acres Rd: