Opened Apr 2013, this is a take-out shop that offers organic, plant-based, living foods and beverages. Uses eco-friendly packaging. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, All Raw
268 Adelaide St W
Toronto, Ontario M5H 1X6

Mon-Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by saveur

Good raw food

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2013

I rushed over to try this eatery within its first week. I loved the owner's enthusiasm, how he navigated me through all the options available.

First of all, this is a takeaway resto. While there is some seating, you basically pick your meals from the fridge and serve yourself. I tried a few options:
-Sky Rocket Salad which was basically baby greens (including baby kale), sprouts, berries, mango and hemp seeds with a fruit dressing. There were so few hemp seeds I cannot imagine how anyone could be full after eating an entree version of this. Definitely a low-fat option but needs more protein (although this allowed me to sample more food!)
-Manicotti: Very good with a nice cashew cheese sauce. Not overtly heavy ad enjoyed it with a salad.
-Cheesecake: Very good. Luc explained it was made from coconuts, not nuts, which is why it was so luscious without being too heavy. It also has a slight fermented tang which I don't usually get from raw desserts
-Hemp balls. OK, not bad, but totally not worth $3/ball.
-Nachos: The corn chips are great and the nacho sauce is a flavourful cashew-based dip with nooch and red pepper. Recommended.

I enjoyed how healthy the food was but not the price. Also, not everything is available at all times. It depends on what is left by the time you get there. I wonder happens if they run out of food by the end of the day?

Pros: healthy, flavourful, pretty light meals
Cons: price, takeaway, limited selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Superfood Eateries: