The Sunspot Natural Market

Natural food market selling organic produce, vitamins and nutritional supplements, wheat and gluten free food. more-less

First Review by happycowgirl

Provides great vegan options!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I appreciate having Sunspot just down the road for when I need some of those speciality vegan or healthfood items that you just can't find anywhere else. I'm happy that I don't have to drive to Indianapolis to find a store selling certain products.

While it may seem pricey, I understand the need for higher prices when you are a small business selling niche products! They are competitive in pricing with the other natural food store across town, and have a lot of variety.

Their discount days for senior citizens and students make it affordable for a student like me to shop there. The staff are always willing to help you find something, and are generally rather nice.

Updated from previous review on Friday July 05, 2013

Updated review (May 2014):

I still love shopping at Sunspot! They recently hosted a veggie event at their store and gave out delicious free samples. Also, they are willing to work with customers to order items they want to see in stores.

Sunspot Runs a Monopoly in West Lafayette

1 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

While I am glad that we have a natural food store that sells some vegan food items, Sunspot is over priced and has little variety. Since Sunspot is the only natural food store in West Lafayette, it has basically no competition so it can price things ridiculously high. I think they market less toward vegans and more toward meat eaters who want vitamins and supplements. Their section of vegan food is probably smaller than the section in Payless next door. I would much rather travel the distance to go to Whole Foods in Indianapolis than visit Sunspot. Buying things online is also a cheaper option. Natures Pharm in Lafayette has a better selection than Sunspot. They cater more toward vegans. However, they can be just as pricey as Sunspot. If you live in West Lafayette it is a good 30 minutes drive to Natures Pharm making it an unlikely option too.

Pros: Has some products you cant get at Payles, friendly staff
Cons: Overpriced, Poor selection

What a Great Place

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

Shopping here is a wonderful experience.

They have books, magazines, vitamins, beauty and personal care supplies, frozen, refrigerated, canned, dry goods, bulk bins, a small produce section and lots more. They have small quantities of most items but an excellent cross-section of items to choose from. Extraordinary variety of vegan items. I found brands here that they don't carry at the Whole Foods near me in Lincoln Park in Chicago. I was impressed. If I lived in Lafayette, I would come here all the time.

It is tucked away at the back of a U-shaped mini mall so it's not super easy to see from the road. The sign for it off of Rt. 52 is microscopic. Also, the name on the building is "Sunspot" not "Sunspot Natural Foods", so if you did not know about this place ahead of time you definitely would not discover it from driving by.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Sunspot Natural Market: