Serves meat, veg options available. Small restaurant with a few vegetarian options. Note that bread is not vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by tomaswk
no whey!
no whey!

Convenient, Quality Vegan Food

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

I have lunch here at least once a week. Their blackened tofu is amazing! They offer it on a salad with mandarin oranges and chick peas, which I thought was pretty creative. I didn't know they served brunch on Sundays until I happened to go last week and to my delight, they had a vegan 'breakfast burrito' option. If you're a vegan, you know breakfast is the most challenging meal to find at a restaurant. Basically, I think you'll like this place.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 22, 2011

Pros: Good food, Vegan options, Drink variety
Cons: somewhat pricey (but fair)
bloodredclovers
bloodredclovers

One of my favorite places

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

I really love Sunspot. There veggie burger is really good (and huge, I can't eat the whole thing). They also usually have a great specials menu. I wish they had more vegan options but I have never been disappointed when eating there. I recommend Sunspot to anyone looking for a really good local vegetarian/vegan friendly restaurant in Knoxville.

Pros: great food, fast service, freindly staff
Cons: limited vegan choices
Kevin Meyer
Kevin Meyer

limited vegan options

3 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2010

Very nice little place, friendly, can be noisy, creative menu but limited options for vegans.

Pros: creative, good quality, good beer list
Cons: limited vegan options, spicy dishes can be too spicy
  • Kevin Meyer Kevin Meyer

Our K-Town Vegans MeetUp Group has now endorsed this restaurant as vegan friendly. They now have a separate vegan brunch meanu, the only place in town that offers that.

• Kevin Meyer Kevin Meyer

We recently took our vegan meetup group of about 20 folks there for dinner. They printed out vegan menus for us. Clearly they have added some vegan options. We had a very good meal.

Pansyflower
Pansyflower

Not as Good as it Used to Be

1 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

This used to be a great place for vegetarians and vegans could even find stuff to eat. But over the years the menu has changed to the point where they seem to be increasing the meat options available (like adding pig, which had not been on there at the beginning) and wildly decreasing veg options.

I was there in January 2009 for a brunch event and was really disgusted by the lack of options available. I forget what I had, probably fruit. Almost everything has dairy and/or meat in it. If you're looking for a good, veg-friendly restaurant, skip Sunspot.

Cons: vegan unfriendly, hard to park
fnprice
fnprice

Excellent!

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2009

My wife and I stopped here on a trip up I75. I had the Rio Grande Pasta, she had the Sao Paulo. The Rio Grande was better, but both were great. Would definitely make a point of going again if ever in town.

veggielove
veggielove

Yummy!!

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

Lots of excellent vegan and veggie dishes available. The service has always been fantastic. My favorite is the three tier tofu...sooooo delicious!!

Pros: large portions, vegan options, friendly staff
tomaswk
tomaswk

A good place for Veggies right next to UT

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2007

They use local organic vegetables to make some of their food. I had the homemade veggie patty. Yummy! And it was a big portion, so I had to do a little running afterwards :)

The soups are made fresh each day from a mix of what is around, so it is always a unique taste. Mine was Peanut and JalapeƱo and good.

They give you a basket of chips as well and spice it with some special spices that gives it that extra kick of flavor.

All around a good place to get some yummy veggie food.

Pros: Food, Staff, Decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Sunspot: