Whole foods market established in 1973. Has a small vegetarian cafe and organic juice bar. more-less
415 Morro Bay Blvd
Morro Bay, California 93442
805-772-7873

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gr8vegan
Dai4Hay
Dai4Hay

I hate being honest but….

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

I can literally buy something here and then find it at another store for 2 and 3 dollars cheaper!! Thats insane to me! I have come here since 2002 and they have always been this way and not the friendliest staff (for some reason they are only nice to who they choose to be nice too, a lot of days I won't even get a simple "hello"). Overall they have always disappointed I hate to say. I only went in there so much because the cafe used to be inside in the back. I would recommend making the drive to SLO, you'll spend less even with gas money accounted for. I'm sorry, i do wanna support local businesses but I can't if it breaks my bank and adds $20 - $50 more to my total.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 01, 2015

Pros: health food store
Cons: price, staff, no/low gluten free vegan
TataVislevskaya
TataVislevskaya

Great range, but Whole Foods is cheaper

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

I love this little shop with friendly stuff and awesome range of healthy food. But I can definitely recommend you Whole Foods as a market with more reasonable prices for some products.

Pros: friendly stuff , excellent range
Cons: overpriced
  • mikesettle mikesettle

true, whole foods might be cheaper but they also don't employee local lawyers, printers, etc and 100 percent of their profits go back to the headquarters in another state and shareholders as opposed to local economy. WF also probably gets way more tax breaks (your tax dollars) than smaller local businesses .. so think of the big picture and don't base all your purchases on just price.

fiddletunes
fiddletunes

Great little shop

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2012

Sunshine Health Foods has become one of my favorite places to shop. They have almost everything I'm looking for, including lovely fruits and vegetables, plus the wonderful Shine Cafe in the back of the store. The store is very small with narrow aisles but they've made good use of every square inch of space. It's loaded with goodness.

Pros: good selection, great produce, friendly staff
Cons: narrow aisles, closes at 5 pm

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great little Health Food Store

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

For such a small place you can find just about everything you need. The produce here is the real stand out (aside from the AMAZING Shine Cafe in the back). The store seems to be stocked with a half a dozen employees all super nice and friendly and helpful. It can't be larger than a 4 car garage, though, but its very popular. We grabbed some goodies for the road after an amazing meal at Shine.

Pros: produce, service
Guest
Guest

best thing

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2009

This little store is one of my favorite places to shop. I can find bulk grains, flour, beans, spices, veges, hard to find ingredients for some of the vegetarian recipes i like to try. The store is small, but packs in and offers a great selection in the natural foods world.

Pros: good value, variety , healthy choices
Cons: isles are narrow, close too early

Dear Owner and Manager of Sunshine Health Foods: