Serves meat, veg options available. Has also a vegetarian menu featuring a variety of mock meats made from mushroom, soybean, vegetables, and seaweed. Food is cooked in olive oil. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
6460 E Yale Ave (Monaco)
Denver, Colorado 80222
303-691-8830

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by alebovic
VeganNinja
VeganNinja

YUMzilla!

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2010

I frickin' L-O-V-E Sunny G! They have a whole menu of vegan Chinese dishes, like sesame and kung pau, but with the addition of homemade mushroom/gluten based faux meats. They are a traditional stir-fry and use far less oil than other Asian eateries. I request my food extra spicy and they actually make it with a good bite. The service is always fabulous and the atmosphere is well lit and super clean. My only complaint is that the dining area is often very cold or very hot depending on the season (like they don't turn on the heat or AC?), so dress accordingly to be comfortable while eating.

Pros: Affordable!, Vegan Menu!, Clean/friendly atmosphere.
Cons: Too Cold/Hot dining area
  • animalsRfriends animalsRfriends

Thanks for the tip on "the dress code". I hate being cold!

alebovic
alebovic

Very Veggie Friendly

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

I lived nearby for a while, and popped in one day to see what they offered. WHAT A FIND! You can order fake beef or chicken (and I think seafood) in almost any dish that normally has meat! Plus they offer tofu dishes, and they even sell packaged vegetarian jerky (which my stomach did not like). It is a quaint chinese restaurant that isn't too fancy, but the food and service is great. They even have an entire Vegetarian section on their menu. I go their often, and I will continue my visits.

Pros: vegetarian menu, offers fake chicken & beef
Cons: not plush/fancy, but who cares...

Dear Owner and Manager of Sunny Garden: