I visited Sunflower last fall, but I just got a HappyCow account, so I'm reviewing now.
When a friend learned that I'd be in Vienna one day, she recommended Sunflower-- not because it was the best vegan restaurant, but because she knew I was unfamiliar with the area and wanted to choose something near where I'd be, anyway (NVCC's Annandale campus).
1. The atmosphere was kind of weird-- chintzy little sunflower dolls and stuff all over the place. Kind of cute, but not really the environment I want when I'm eating.
2. It was nice to go to a vegetarian restaurant, as I'm from a small city where there is no such thing. I loved knowing that I could eat almost anything on the menu!
3. I started with the iced tea and the Cold Basil Rolls, and they were great: the tea was sweetened with maple, which I adore, and the rolls were refreshing and delicious. I love anything maple or basil, though, so I might be biased.
4. I found the entrees we ordered much more disappointing. I ordered Popeye's Favorite, and I didn't eat much... I thought it was gross. Everything seemed to use too much salt and pepper. My husband, on the other hand, got the Golden Nugget dish, and his was MUCH better. It still didn't taste particularly healthy, but it was fun to eat, and I ended up stealing a good bit of it. :)
5. We finished with the Avocado and Lemon Pie, and we were really disappointed. We nibbled at it, but it was weird and unpleasant. This was our first experience with a vegan pie, and it made us hesitant to try others. But what could we expect from an avocado pie? I blame this on myself.
I know I make it sound like a bad place, but it's not. Next time I'm in Vienna, I'll visit again-- I'll just stick with the dishes that sound similar to things I order elsewhere. I don't love every dish at ANY restaurant, so I can't blame them for that!