Serves meat, veg options available. Some dishes can be made vegetarian upon request. Try the fried tofu appetizer with spicy plum sauce, pad see eew noodles, steamed veggies with vegan peanut sauce. Good-sized portions. Closed Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Non-veg

First Review by easyj
vegirocks
vegirocks

Will Come Again

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

I had the vegetable soup. Very good. No decor but friendly and courteous. Good menu selection and willing substitute.

Pros: Tasty, Authentic
Cons: Decor
katsoplenty
katsoplenty

My favorite Thai restaurant in Grants Pass

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

Great place for vegans, the special rice, Pra Ram and fresh rolls are a must. The Pra King (#55) is also yummy. Sometimes there is only one server so be prepared sometimes to wait. Not always though. Really friendly.

Pros: Great food
Blondies
Blondies

Awesome, authentic Thai!

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2013

Sunflower Thai doesn't look like much from the outside and is a bit of a "hole in the wall" restaurant. But then again, I've always had pretty great luck with little mom and pop places like this one, so I was happy to try it out. My husband and I stopped in here on a Sunday for lunch (there aren't many places open in Grants Pass on Sunday) and we were delighted! The restaurant is large, the decor is a bit funky, but it's clean and the people are friendly. The menu offers tofu with many of the dishes, but items are not specifically marked vegan or vegetarian. I made sure to ask and the waitress seemed happy to help me. The food was delicious and well priced (easily as cheap as eating out at a fast food restaurant). Each dish came with rice and a spring roll. It was all good! This place is worth checking out and I will be back!

Pros: Fresh, authentic Thai food., Very reasonably priced., Clean, friendly restaurant.
Cons: Decor is a bit odd/funky., Items not marked vegan/vegetarian.

skymonkey
skymonkey

authentic thai cuisine

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2009

i'm not thai, but i am pretty sure i heard thai spoken in the kitchen, always a comforting sound when you are at a thai restaurant. the food is great with lots of vegan options. great place to stop along the I5.

easyj
easyj

Great vegan dishes

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2009

Food has always been good and the service quick and friendly. As opposed to many restaurants, the ingredients listed on the menu are the only ones in the dishes; no surprises. No mock-meats, just great tofu.

Pros: vegan options, substitutions ok, friendly service
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Sunflower Thai: