Sun Day Burgers - Kreuzberg

Booth located in an old food market hall (markthall9) offering an organic burger which consists of whole wheat bun, grilled tofu steak, lots of fresh veggies and three different sauces your choice. Also sells raw cakes, fermented rawghurt, brownies, smoothies and seasonal juices. Everything is gluten free. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Organic, Fast food, Take-out
Eisenbahnstrasse 42, Kreuzberg (U1 Görlitzer Bahnhof)
Berlin, Germany 10997

mountainfolks
mountainfolks

berlin's ubud

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I don't know if you've ever been to ubud, bali, Indonesia but it's raw food heaven.
I went to sun day burgers to get some dessert and ended up getting a smoothie aswell because they looked SO good.
I got a raw chai carrot cake and a macaloe (maca, dates, cashes, aloe vera,...) smoothie. I enjoyed it all a lot and I will definitely come back to try the burgers which looked way too delicious to be true!!

Pros: nice staff, delicious, fresh
Annanas
Annanas

Delicious!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

I had a burger and a raw chai-spiced cake and both were amazing! The prices were not that cheap (neither expensive) but worth it. The burger was very flavor rich with lots of fresh herbs!
I was lucky to be early so I did not have to wait :)

Pros: good quality, decent price
Cons: long waiting time (from what I saw later, little variety in burgers
JonJon
JonJon

Healthy and yummy!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

This place stands in a Markthalle and offers really tasty and healthy vegan burgers. The bread has a lots of different nuts, and inside, they put sprouts, salad, tomatoes, a burger steak and a very good spicy sauce. The whole is really yummy and fresh. They also serve yummy fresh juices and their desserts are unusual but very good, such as an avocado-chocolate cake that was amazing!

Pros: very good flavours, healthy, spicy, good fresh juices and desserts, friendly staff

VegiKitten
VegiKitten

Delicious carrot chai spiced cheesecake

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Nice atmosphere and very casual. They have great live music and communal picnic benches. On Thursday nights all the vendors do a street food event and are open until 10pm.

I had their burger which was delicious and the buns was really tasty. Also had a piece of carrot chai spiced cheesecake which was incredible. Definitely getting a smoothie next time I visit.

Pros: Delicious food, Good value, Nice vibe
saramarshall
saramarshall

Pleasant burger

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

Usually I would think a plain slab of tofu as a burger would be a bit boring, but not when accompanied by this variety of different salad fillings and dressings. The beetroot and peanut sauce are especially good. The cheesecakes also looked really nice.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly
Cons: No space to queue
runsten
runsten

Markthalle

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I was happy to look up this place since I discovered Markthalle. It was great sitting there having a glace of wine with a vegan burger. The burgers were pretty small but tasty. I had to order a second one because this was suppose to be my lunch. I liked the concept with only one kind of white tofu burger but on the other hand, why couldn't they have some alternatives and some nice but simple sallads?

I bought some vegan cakes but they were not nice at all. Fat, creamy, sweat and tasteless. Big contrast to the healthy delicious vegan burgers. It is possible to make brownies and chocolate cakes which actually taste chocolate. I am surprised that so many vegan places fail to make tasty vegan sweats and cakes.

Pros: all vegan and in Markthalle!, nice staff , different concept of burger
Cons: small and expansive burgers, cakes are not tasty at all...., not the area I usually go to in Bln
TataVislevskaya
TataVislevskaya

Not burgers, just appetizers!

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

For me 4,5€ is very expensive for so small and not so tasty burgers! Probably it's normal for MarktHalle, because there aren't truly vegan places and the vib is great for wine and burgers — sometimes for somebody the price doesn't matter :) but I don't believe in Sun Day burgers like in a full-time cafe. It's not fair to sell so little buns and call it "burgers". I don't return to Sun Day Burgers, but I return to MarktHalle!

Pros: Decent fill, Place! MarktHalle is great!
Cons: The smallest burger buns in my life! , PRICE! , the one type of burger's fill
roxette521
roxette521

Surprisingly delicious

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I tried their burger at the stall in Mauerpark flea market. It's a bit expensive for just a veggie burger in Berlin (especially at Mauerpark), but it tastes much better than it looks. The tofu seemed overcooked, and it sounded like too many toppings, but actually all together it makes quite a tasty and satisfying meal.

Pros: Delicious
Cons: Expensive
sugarplumzoom
sugarplumzoom

Favorite Burger in Berlin

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

So far, Sun Day Burgers is my favorite burger joint in Berlin. The rolls (Vollkornbrötchen) are robust enough to stand up to the gustatory delight that awaits inside. The tofu is beautifully marinated and of good consistency and the fresh ingredients are crisp and healthy tasting. I've always gone with the Dalai-Lama version - all three sauces- simply because they all sound, look and taste too good to pass up. The search continues for a burger to out-do this one, but so far, the fare this groovy food-truck delivers is second to none.

cat1
cat1

yummy

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

I walked all over to find this place and it ended up being in a indoor market area, very small place with no seating but really yummy burgers hand made in front of you. I would go again.

Pros: yummy , friendly staff
ProtonVehiCROSS
ProtonVehiCROSS

Great slightly spicy burgers

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

Had an excellent slightly spicy vegan burger and a good vegan chocolate brownie here. A nice place to visit after the Berlin Wall across the river.

Pros: Cheap, Fast, Delicious
Cons: Hours
J-Veg
J-Veg

Great burgers and juices

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

As far as I can tell this place is run by one lady, who's really friendly. We often see her at her stall in Markthalle Neun in Kreuzberg.

The burgers are produced with fresh vegetables, home-made sauces and delicious fried tofu. The freshly squeezed juices are also fantastic.

Constructive criticism:

- The burgers are a little messy to eat - the filling often ends up in your napkin!

- I'd really like to see some different things.

Pros: Good burgers, Fresh juices, The owner is really friendly
Cons: Not much choice
hurvinek
hurvinek

tasted healthy and yummy!

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

I went there with friends who arent vegan or vegetarian and they liked it. For me it was very delicious, because i felt like eating something thats good for my body :) the burger was big, a bit difficult for me to eat, but never mind. The ingredients like beetroot, alfalfa, tofu, tomatos, salad and so on were fresh and tasty. and the sauces (4 to choose from, peanutchutney, pineapplechutney, mangochutney and hot chili), i choosed 3 of them blended well together! i had a burger and a green herbal smoothie and payed around 7€ i guess. The staff was very friendly. Will def come back when in berlin again.

Pros: healthy, 4 different yummy sauces/chutneys, tasted very good
Ela
Ela

Finally also Sun Day Burgers in Kreuzberg

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2012

The super tasy Sun Day Burgers from Mauerpark (http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=14605) is now also available in Kreuzberg at Markthalle Neun on Fridays and Saturdays.
In addition to that Sun Day Burgers offers there also fresh and super healthy organic Smoothies and Juices. I actually can hardly decide which one is the best. The "Green light" with its concentrated vitamine power feels energizing after the first sip. The "Banana Nuts" with peanut and dates takes my heart on a bad day.
The Markthalle Neun venue itself is worth stopping by. There is a wide international food and specialities offer, space to sit down and for children to play. On Sundays there are now and then special offers like markets just with sweets or handmade things.

Updated from previous review on Monday March 26, 2012

Pros: healthy, good advice, friendly staff
Cons: noisy, market stand (not for candle light dine)

Dear Owner and Manager of Sun Day Burgers - Kreuzberg: