Booth located in the Mauerpark Flew Market selling a burger which consists of whole wheat bun, tofu steak marinated in soy sauce & ginger, lettuce, tomato, beet root, cucumber, caramelized onions, fresh coriander, sprouts and topped with a smoked chipotle chilli, mango chutney, or Thai peanut sauce. Also sells brownies and lemonade. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Organic, Fast food, Take-out only
13355 Bernauer Strasse, Mauer Park, Flea Market, nr, ElberswalderStr U-Bahn
Berlin, Germany

Open Sun 11am-5pm.

• Cash only

First Review by hardluckminer
Veganissimo
Veganissimo

A little lodge of deliciousness

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

A small cabinet located inside farmers market Markthalle Neun.

Really friendly worker who listened our demands and made orders according to our wishes. The burger was also available with gluten-free bread and was filled with fresh ingredients. A nice and unusual ingredient was beetroot, but without it the burger would have missed something vital.

The three available sauces tasted amazing and you could pick one, two or all three.

Juices are made from fresh ingredients and are really nourishing.

The whole set was prepared really fast and filled with taste and freshness.

Pros: Gluten-free , Fresh, fresh, bio, fresh, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit hard to find
Fedjie26
Fedjie26

Great fresh food!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

Excellent food! I enjoyed the veggie burger that was awesome with beet, cucumber, sprouts, lettuce and mango chutney with marinated tofu! Followed it up with the berry cheesecake, so delicious! Great location in the market, friendly staff and would definitely recommend! Also cheap for the high quality of food!

ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

Delicious!

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

The burgers are so delicious, I also had raw cake, the cheese cake tastes like "real", you also have to try the little chocolate cakes!

VegiKitten
VegiKitten

Markthalle Neun location

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

I visited their 2nd location inside Markthalle Neun, which is like an indoor farmers market. Nice atmosphere and very casual. They have great live music and communal picnic benches. On Thursday nights all the vendors do a street food event and are open until 10pm.

I had their burger which was delicious and a piece of carrot chai spiced cheesecake which was incredible. Definitely getting a smoothie next time I visit.

Pros: Delicious food, nice atmosphere, good value
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Tasty

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

The burguer is fair and the thai sauce is very tasty. It is not that easy to find it and there are other places selling vegan food at the market. So, grab a burguer at Sun Day, then a hotdog, then a soup, Berlin is great for vegans hehehe

kimdavitt
kimdavitt

Scrumdidleedumtious!!!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

Seriously yummy vegan fast food burger van smack in the middle of a fantastic flea market!the ladies serving the food are so friendly and the burger is unbelievable!it is jam-packed full of gorgeous delisciousness!!!worth every penny!just to warn you ladies out there....do not go here on a date!eating a massive burger does not scream sexy!enjoy!

Pros: Great service, Delicious Food, Cheap and Cheerful
Cons: Not very much seating around the van, Slightly messy ot eat
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Hard to find, but worth the search

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Located right in the middle of usually crowded Mauerpark Flohmarkt.
Bit difficult to find, but once there, it was worth the search.
Very small menu (actually none): burger with huge selection of toppings and usually two to three sauces.
Very tasty!

Amirgonen
Amirgonen

Good, tasety, surprising

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2012

Found this place by looking into this site (so thanks for that !!). As we wanted to go to the flea market anyway, we targeted this place to be our lunch of the day. It took us a while to find, probably because it was opened later than other food stands (and if something is closed, we pay less attention to it, I guess). Anyway, once we decided we are hungry enough, we approached to the stand. No queues, just several people sitting next to the place. We ordered two burgers with two suaces (the peanut Thai, and the Chili marmalade). The lady serving us also suggested that we take a home-made lemonade. the price for all that - just a bit above 9 Euro (I was expecting it to cost more). Anyway, we took all that to a next by bench, and ... really loved what we put into our mouth. It was fresh, not too spicy, thr ight temperature, with different kinds of vegtibales in it, and of course the tofu was thdre - grilled to the right level. We both loved what we have ordered (we also switched, so I got to taste both burgers). The surprising part - we both had to struggle easiting this as a burger in a bun ... the "strcuture" was not stable, so eventually we were eating the ingredients independent from the bun. However, this was all worth it ... we really enjoied it all.

ashwinn
ashwinn

A cultural experience, not a meal

2 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

I went to Sun Day Burgers today and had the burger. The setting is a giant flea market and it's an adventure trying to find this place. Amidst a sea of people hunting for vintage articles, you'll find this food stall eventually. The burger was ok. Grilled tofu, decent bun, veggies, and a tasty spread. Nothing more, nothing less. You'll feel like you're part of the "vegan underground" being here. If you're looking for a proper meal with nice service and ambience... you're in the wrong place. The burger + drink was around 7 euro, which I think is expensive for what you get and the environment you're in. But this place is super crowded so maybe I'm alone on this. I'm told Ray Doggy no longer owns it either (fyi).

Pros: tasty
Cons: price, location, ambience
Lansfans
Lansfans

Deeeelicious

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

In my trek of looking for vegan restaurants, I was surprised when I stumbled upon a kiosk in a market hall. The Sun Day Burger was the only food item on the menu aside from smoothies and I can understand why they only need the one. It was such a great combination of ingredients that really complimented each other. I ended up liking the burger so much, I went back a second time in my visit to Germany.

haai
haai

Location remark

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

Note that the Sun Day Burger stand is located somewhere inside the Mauer Park, not near the south entrance (as suggested by the address and map).

The burger is very tasty! They had three different sauces, which you could all combine :-).

Pros: Good burger
Cons: May be busy
annelie24
annelie24

one word: delicious

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

This was one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had + Lilith and her team are incredibly welcoming and friendly! I can recommend going there to anyone who loves good food. Guaranteed to make your Sunday even better!

Raydoggy
Raydoggy

Re-Opening for Spring/Summer 18th March

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

Good news, Lilith will be making Sun Day Burgers again in Mauer Park from the 18th of March. Mmmm, mmmmmmm

WildHeartedWoman
WildHeartedWoman

A damn good burger

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I love the Mauerpark flea market, and sitting in the middle of it all on a Sunny Sunday with my Sun Day burger was a truly lovely, happy experience.
The burger was delicious, wholesome and hearty. The smoked chilean marmalade (did I remember that right? Some sort of delicious marmalade anyway) was divine. I had the burger with everything that was available and it was very generous, varied and tasty. I'll definitely go back next time I'm at the flea market. In fact, knowing there's a Sun Day burger waiting for me there makes me want to go back to the market even more!

Pros: So tasty!, Lovely relish, Wholesome
goddess.pain
goddess.pain

Delicious!

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

I think it's awesome that, thanks to Sun Day Burgers, there's a vegan option for hungry visitors of the Mauerpark fleamarket! :) And such a tasty one! At first I was a bit skeptical that there is only one burger and no other options. But then I tried it and what can I say? It's SO good that I didn't miss a thing! It could be a "challenge" for picky eaters since it's not a standard type burger but has unusual stuff on it like cilantro and red beets, but for me this makes it even better! A culinary explosion of several tastes that combine together just perfectly. mmhh yummy! :)

Pros: cheap! 3 Euro is a reasonable price, SO tasty, very friendly and good-humoured staff :)
fkellerboyle
fkellerboyle

Great food. Friendly owners.

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2011

The burgers at Sunday Burgers are simple and fresh tasting. The owners are very accommodating and strive to make sure all their customers are satisfied with their meals. Ray and Lilith were very helpful and friendly. They are passionate about veganism and ready to share information to help people find more vegetarian and vegan options in the city.

Pros: Fresh , Healthy
gitarmadur
gitarmadur

A great experience every time!

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

The Sunday Burgers is a definite stop every time I go to my beloved neighboring Mauer Park! I sense every time the great atmosphere the joy surrounding the burger stand. Everytime I make the first bite of those delicious burgers my body goes vibrant with freshness, you can also sense the love and joy put into those burgers, it feels so home-made straight from mama :) I love also their concept of one-product offer, takes away all the indecisive doubting, no complications, you know what you are going for, but they always manage to surprise you every now and then with that new special sauce :)

Pros: great tasting excellent food, great friendly staff, great value
beer and veg
beer and veg

ok, but not great

3 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2011

I had waited so long to actually try this place. It had closed for a long while. I finally got to try the sandwich when it reopened this 'summer'. Maybe I was expecting too much. It's a sandwich cart. The one sandwich is fine, a nice change, but nothing so spectacular as people make it out to be here. The bun was incredibly small in comparison to the fillings. Actually, I would call it a small dinner roll. It came with a very cold chunk of beet root. The tofu was nice, but it was just tofu. My tongue told me it detected MSG in the sauce, but it could have been mistaken. All in all, it's a nice treat on a Sunday if you are already at Mauer Park. Otherwise, there are lots of similar options at the same price or less all over the city.

Pros: vegan
your_ad_here
your_ad_here

The mighty sun day burger!

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

As I fought through the crowds at the flea market, I told myself this must be the best burger in the world to be worth this. It was. It's been over a week and I still find myself dreaming of it.

Pros: delicious food, good value, friendly staff
syntkatten
syntkatten

Dry buns

2 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

I was really looking forward to visit this place because I so often go to the flee-market and it's not always for only one ore two hours, food is needed!

The burger-van-thing is placed inside the flee-markt area and not all that easy to find if you don't know where to look on fore hand. At least I found it and was meet buy a bit stressed staff. The menu was really confusing, and if you don't speak german, you will probably get as confused as I was when trying to decide what you don't want on your burger. Because the put A LOT on it.

The burger had potential and the whole thing that they are there is great; but the burgers on the other hand was not. Dry buns with a overly had crust that just makes the whole thing break and week tofu on that dose not make it for me. It's was impossible to eat normally and the whole thing just broke into pieces and I had to give up.

Pros: Good location, Lots of stuff on the burger
Cons: Dry as hell, Wierd toppings, The service
mira turpeinen
mira turpeinen

Vegan burgers that really do make the day sunny

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

If you visite the flea market in Mauer Park, gotta pop in here. Sunny Day Burgers is a good example of a food that you know is good for you and for your environment and, above all, just tastes good! Really, places like these would encourage people to eat more vegan. Coming from Finland I give special credit for the dark-grainy bread and moderate prices. We had a great food and nice chat with the staff so thank you for making our day sunny, regardless of the heavy rain.

Pros: delicious and healthy food, easy and cheap, cheerful atmosphere
Ira.Rozina
Ira.Rozina

the best vegan burger ever

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

Such a good vegan stuff, fresh, healthy and really tasty - enjoyed a lot even by my non-vegan friend. You can't call it fast food - cause its so fresh and healthy. And such a great friendly staff!

Pros: tasty, healthy, friendly
wildfang
wildfang

Healthy organic burgers for 3,50€!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

We really enjoyed our Sun Day Burgers. They are packed with so many tasty mainly organic ingredients and come in a wholemeal bun with delicious sauces - everything for 3,50€ only, prepared by super friendly people.

upla
upla

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

It was a great surprise to find vegan burgers at the flea market! Healthy and tastes good.

Henley
Henley

Yummy burger hard to find.

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2009

We had hard time finding the stall at the markets, on a hot day, trudging around the markets is hungry work. Tiki sun burgers are awesome, tasty and messy. Give yourself a bit of time to find the place if it is your first time, work up an appetite finding it and finish it up with a vegan sorbet from the stall next door. Yummo!

Pros: flavourful, vibrant
Cons: hard to find
je
je

good

3 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2009

nice to have a vegan option on this overcrowded flea market.
burgers are fresh and made with heart.
i like.

Elven
Elven

Obligatory, imperative, a must

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

.. for everybody visiting the Mauerpark! The Tiki Sun Burger-stand has become the first stop when we go to the fleamarket. Excellent and very tasty, prepared fresh before your eyes.. the good cooks put so much stuff on it, it's hard to hold (but not a problem to eat). And the hot sauce is incredible. But be earky, as they always sell out completely (which is a good sign).

Pros: Tasty, unique, independent entrepreneur
Cons: Sells out quickly
hbaley
hbaley

sooo good

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2009

These burgers were awesome, so original and creative with the toppings. My only complaint is that the patty (which just seem s to be a slab of seasoned tofu) is not all that flavorful, but the bun and awesome toppings really made up for it. Wish it were bigger too, I suggest you order two! Really cheap too.

Pros: creative, delicious, vegan!
Cons: unexciting patty
killianH
killianH

AMAZING!

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2009

amazing vegan burgers, nice and spicy and the BEST way to enjoy the flohmarkt (which can be busy and hectic). You can get a great burger from the guys then sit in the nice sand and shade area right next door! Also perfect hangover/come down food.

Pros: Cheap, Vegan, Tasty
Cons: Only open Sunday
fuzzyvegan
fuzzyvegan

WHERE ARE YOU?

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

Hello mr.tiki sun burgers and fans! I am a vegan who has been salivating for these burgers since the first time i came to Berlin in October. I've been to Mauer Park market sundays at least 3 or 4 times and went on the hunt for them everytime. I just can't seem to find them. PLEASE HELP!! can someone tell me if they still exist? I WANT A TIKI SUN BURGER!!!!!!

• Henley Henley

If you head to roughly the highest point (peak of a mountain) of the markets, around the centre, that's where we found them (as of August 09). We searched around for a while and nearly gave up, but destiny led us on the right path to find them :-) Good luck.

• evilduck evilduck

New Info:

Posted by Raydoggy on: Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 03:17 PM PDT

Tiki Sun Burgers
    Hi ED,

Yes the Tiki Sun Burgers are back for spring/summer. I left the burger stand in the hands of Ingo, so Just to make sure Ingo is up and running again, email him as I am back in Australia, but I'll see you in July. ingo_heye@web.de

I hope you enjoy them.

Best wishes

Ray

• evilduck evilduck

Have also searched for the Tiki, but have not found them.
    Need more info, does Tiki exist anymore???

oboechick1
oboechick1

tasty food and nice people

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2008

After my first visit I had to come back the very next week. They make the burgers to order so everything is hot and fresh. A bit messy but the taste makes up for it. The burger consists of a sunflower seed bun, fresh lettuce, beets, tomatoes, some mild-spicy sauce and a marinated tofu slice. I hoped for a bit more flavor out of the tofu but the savoriness of everything else made up for it.
Another plus of this convenient, low cose (3 euro) meal are the extremely friendly staff. They were all having a great time, encouraging customers to sing along to the music and making friendly conversation with everyone.

Definitely give it a try! Mauer Park is cool, and Tiki Sun Burger makes it just that much better!

p.s. just make sure you have a water bottle, beer or juice handy because they don't serve drinks and these burgers definitely make you thirsty

roberto
roberto

Fantastic burger

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

It was a good surprise in a sunny sunday in Berlin. This veggie burger is really good and Ryan and his friend are pretty nice (good-humored). It's a must in Mauer Market. we'll be back.

hardluckminer
hardluckminer

Hail, Hail, Tiki Sun Burgers Rule!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2008

I'm actually addicted to these beautiful burgers and they make Sunday mornings in Berlin a real treat! I get to Ray's stand for 11am but am never the first to order. Others are hooked too. But I wait in line. I don't care how long it is. These burgers rule...Hail Hail Tiki Burgers! Thanks Ray and Ingo

Dear Owner and Manager of Sun Day Burgers - Prenzlauer Berg:

Thank you for being a FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Berlin page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/03/22