CLOSED: Summium Chocolaterie

Little vegan chocolate shop established since summer 2012. Sells an assortment of handmade raw chocolate bars and truffles as well as vegan baked goods, sorbet and gelato. MAY 2014 REPORTED CHANGED TO DIFFERENT BUSINESS. more-less
83 rue Eddy, Hull
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 2W3
819-205-0588

Open Mon-Sat 10am-5pm.

First Review by ambiguosity
ambiguosity
ambiguosity

White Chocolate Chai Truffles...

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

Vegan, of course. I have to say, when I visited my neighborhood chocolate shop and asked the nice lady behind the counter whether or not she had any vegan products, I didn't have high hopes. When she answered that SHE was vegan and all her chocolates, baked goods, sorbets, and gelatos (the Mexican chocolate gelato is to die for, by the way) were vegan and fair trade, well, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

To date I think I've sampled pretty much all of her stuff, and I've never been disappointed. It's especially nice to be able to have have chocolates filled with caramel or creamy fillings since those are harder to find vegan elsewhere. All in all, this place is pretty much my favorite place on earth. One warning though, at the moment it's cash only, so come prepared!

Pros: Amazing food, Great variety , Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Summium Chocolaterie: