Serves meat, veg options available. Re-opened Apr 2013 after renovations. Will make dishes vegan upon request - let them know. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

AndiDandi
AndiDandi

YUM!

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Nanaimo for the day and chose to stop in for lunch based on the reviews here. The lunch combos are a fantastic value including a dish of choice along with soup, salad and spring rolls on the side. So much food, I had to pack some to go! We requested both of our meals to be cooked vegan and they happily accommodated. We'll definitely return. :)

Pros: Great Value, Flavour, Service
Cons: small menu selection
Jtowers
Jtowers

Great Service

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

We checked this place out based on the reviews here at happy cow and we were very satisfied. The staff are super friendly are very willing to cater to a vegan diet. The food was some of the best ethnic food I've had in a long while. Two thumbs up!!

Pros: Service, Taste, Ambience
kgeiger
kgeiger

excellent!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

was a little wary about restaurants here not completely comprehending 'vegetarian' but I was asked what type of veggie I was (vegan, lacto-ovo, etc)! I felt they really understood and wouldn't try something like sneaking some oyster sauce into my pad thai. overall, I will go back because I felt comfortable. the food was good, don't get me wrong, but the customer service is what shined through.

Pros: customer service, beautiful (but not over-the-top) atmosphere, good prices for portion size (large)

kimward8
kimward8

Cheap, delicious vegan lunch!

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

The pad thai was amazing, the best I've ever had, equal to Baan Wasana's vegan pad thai in Vancouver. The lunch combo was so cheap for such high quality! The spring rolls and soup that come with their regular lunch combos are vegan already, and they will make anything else on the menu vegan. Also, they know what is and is not vegan already, and how to make everything vegan that can be, so there is no discusion required which makes the dining experience less stressful. I would highly recommend taking non-vegan family and friends here when in Nanaimo.

Dear Owner and Manager of Sukkho Thai: