Suki Jeh Ru Yi

Thai food restaurant. Uses egg is some dishes. Located opposite Bangkok Centre hotel, north of Rama 4 road, near Hua Lampong railway & MRTA station. Take subway to end at "Hau Lamphong" station, take exit 3, backtrack on Rama 4 (head east) for 70 meters to Soi Trokphrayasinghaseni, turn left, and the restaurant is on the right with a "vegetarian" sign written in English. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Thai
285 Soi Phraya Singhaseni Street
Bangkok, Thailand
02-2191721, 086-0689384

Open Mon-Tue, Thur-Sun 9am-10pm, Wed 5:30-10pm.

First Review by SallyP
karnit
karnit

lovely authentic veg thai experience

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2014

as soon as we left the taxi on the main road and saw the huge 'vegetarian' sign above this place we were excited. as we walked in the place was full with friendly looking locals smiling to us. it wasn't long before a group of ladies invited us to their table. they recommended a lovely duck and noodle dish which was scrumptious, and then we had a spicy curry which was served inside a hollowed out coconut, it was also very nice. we also had thai sausage - yummy, which came with a pile of different leaves and herbs to wrap it with. the pad thai was average. all in all we had a wonderful and very CHEAP experience there. and would definitely return.

Pros: delicious authentic thai food, clean, cheap
aradhakr
aradhakr

Best veggie food in Bangkok

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

I love this place. Food is awesome. There is a lot of mock meat but they do a great job with it. Prices are very reasonable. You can get a nice meal for under 100 baht. 150 baht and you'll be stuffed.

A bit tricky to find but I used google maps with GPS and was able to figure it out.

Pros: excellent food
petra1701
petra1701

good food, hard to find and very busy

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

Great that the locals seem to appreciate veggie food so much! The place is always packed and I waited 1 hour for the food to arrive. It was good though. Tiny, simple restaurant, everything freshly prepared. No taxi driver knew how to find it, tho.

radtechg9
radtechg9

Great Food

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

I'm a bit more into just eating veggies but I make an exception for some places. This place had some interesting faux meat substitutes I had never seen. Large menu. ... lots of options. Food was very good. Directions on a previous posters review were spot on.

Pros: Clean, Cheap, Yummy
Cons: Faux Meat
YaraCoelho
YaraCoelho

I love this place!

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2013

I found this little local vegan restaurant after some research on the internet. I was really amazed with it. It's very local and not touristy at all, which adds a very special feeling to it!

The food is absolutely delicious, with a great variety and cheap prices. I became a regular costumer during the time I was in Bangkok and I totally recommend it!

They also do Take away!

Pros: local vibe, delicious meals, great price and central location near th

dianaprudence
dianaprudence

Chinese air con restaurant

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Very near mrt & easy to find, just follow the instruction & you'll reach. Liked the vegetarian shark fin soup, sweet and spicy mock fish dish. Also tried the vegetarian chicken rice and sweet mock meat rice, serves French fries & soft drinks, ice water, tea as well. Don't really enjoy the tofu dish. Around 350 TB for 4 persons with 3 dishes, 1 soup & rice + drinks.

Pros: delicious
Cons: 30mins. wait during lunch & dinner time
Chia
Chia

Small but nice

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

You have to look for it to find it, but it is worth it. The food is quite tasty. There are photos to accompany the menu, so you can use that. Some mock meats options.

Pros: great coconut curry, good flavors
Cons: alley location
samden
samden

Excellent food for your train trip

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

A nice small restaurant near the train station. The have many dishes which are excellent for take out on a train trip. Friendly staff.

Pros: Big menue, near trainstation
ccuenk
ccuenk

Excellent Dishes

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

Lovely vegetarian restaurant! Would always go there several times I'm in Bangkok. Large variety of options to choose from. Ideal portions for a relatively cheap price!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Nice Environment
Peridot_Garnet
Peridot_Garnet

Delicious vegan food but have to wait

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

I like this restaurant. The prices and varieties of menu are great. Mostly chinese and mock meat available. The place is small so you may have to wait for the table and food[somehow for at least 30mins. from my dinner experience]. By the way if you go there in the afternoon especially after lunch and before dinner the restaurant will be not that full.

The location near hua lampong MRT station but you have to find the Soi and maybe hard to find for first time visitting.

Pros: excellent food, vegan , more varieties
Cons: small, a bit noisy, have to wait
Dominick
Dominick

Popular Jay (Vegan) Place

3 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times. I like it's wide selection of vegan food but it does focus on a lot of dishes based on mock meats rather than using mushrooms or just veggie options. They have an English menu with pictures, this is a great idea in Thailand it cuts out the ordering problems non-Thai speakers would have here.

Some of the mock meat options are worth trying just because it's rare to find a veggie version of some meat based Thai dishes.

Service is very slow I normally have something with me to read or listen to during my half hour+ wait. It's very popular in the local community and it's always busy. They usually ask customers to share tables, I usually end up sharing my table with some old dear who says it's very good that I don't eat meat and then goes on to tell me I should really be getting married and settling down at my age, Funny as. Some Locals phone in their orders and come in to pick them up. This might be the reason people think they are being sidelined for a slow service(I did say it might be the reason).

Pros: All vegan, English menu with pictures, Life advice given by grandmothers
Cons: Slow service, Too many mock meats, Only Thai spoken
choogirl
choogirl

I've been to better places

2 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

I went here in Feb 2011. I was staying in a hotel across the road so it was very convenient. My soup was tasty but it took forever to arrive. I felt like everyone around me (all locals) had ordered after me and were getting their meals first.

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Very slow, Not overly inviting
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Taste is ok but full of MSG and mock meat

3 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2011

We found this place without too much trouble so no problems there. Location is hardly inspiring but we got used to it after a while, thanks to some of the local cats. Service was incredibly slow... we were really hungry and the food took forever to arrive, perhaps because the place was pretty full (it was a friday night).

We ordered a smattering of curries, noodles, stir fries and soups, so it should have been enough to keep us out of trouble for quite a while.

Well.. it wasn't at all. We don't eat mock meat because it is not food. Unfortunately once we'd taken it out there was pretty much nothing left to eat, even though we thought we had ordered around it. Everything tasted pretty good, but after a while my husband started to get the tell take signs of a big dose of MSG - shaking, sweating, feeling ill. So we ate all the veges (of which there were very few) and got out (which took forever as well).

Grabbed a cab and headed for Ethos for some real food. If only the food at Ethos could taste more like the food here, or the food here could be as thoughtful and healthy as the food at Ethos we would be right. As it is, we end up doing this city hopping thing in search of the perfectly balanced feed... such is Bangkok, it seems.

So yeah.. if you're not into health and wellness try this place by all means. If you're into good food and other such outdated things, you might want to look elsewhere.

Pros: tasty, authentic
Cons: unhealthy - MSG and mock, very slow service, a side menu of exhaust fumes
ampallang
ampallang

good shared meal

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

I ate here with a friend, we shared a soup, spring rolls and rice with sweet spicy chicken which had such a good flavour, with chruchy greens :) All together it costed 150 b with water. Friendly staff speaking engish, everything is vegan and you can also have take away. Well located and open if you need a quick meal before you take a train.

Pros: tasty food, english spoken
craigmc
craigmc

really good

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2010

great selection of food with fresh veg and lots of tofu and mock meats, as well as soup dishes. the food was very tasty, and there was plenty of it. staff were nice, spoke no english, but with an english menu, and everything had a picture, it was easy to get by. a good choice.
I also went back on the sunday night, the tom yum soup was out of this world. the place was mobbed and we had to share a table, which added the entertainment.
prices ranged from gbp1-3 per dish. make sure you get a selection of 40thb, as they are smaller and you can have more flavours to sample.

Pros: nice staff, cheap, great food
emmers
emmers

a real gem

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

This is a fantastic little chinese/thai vegetarian restarant. I went there with my thai girlfriend and we both rate it highly, the food was delicious, fresh and authentic, with a good selection of mock meat dishes. Populuar with locals and very close to Hua Lamphong station - well worth the visit if you're in the area!

Pros: authentic fresh food
Cons: service a little slow, not the most convenient location
IanMcDonald
IanMcDonald

So darn convenient

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2009

The Bangkok Tourist map marks vegetarian restaurants, so I expected it to be easy to find them en route. The first time I tried, I walked around the streets next to the symbol, then I gave up and asked. One awkward phrasebook and one very helpful Sino-Thai later, I was down a couple of narrow side-streets behind the familiar yellow triangle flags. But that is not this review. That restaurant were anxious to tell me about Suki Jeh Ru Yi, and marked Suki Jeh Ru Yi on my map. I am glad they did.

It is a nice little restaurant, full of vegan Chinese mock meat, across the road from a shrine. It is both an authentic place for locals, and its way like many other Chinese veggie restaurants. But it is next to the train station. I ate dinner there before heading north, and breakfasted there when I came back. Then I bought some spring rolls which kept me going on my flight out, which were probably the tastiest things I had there.

Pros: Convenient, Good tasty food
Cons: Nothing special
SallyP
SallyP

Easy to find

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2007

We actually found this place easy to find which isn't like us at all! Just follow the directions given with the listing. The place is small but worth a visit if you're in the area. We came here from visiting the park and before going on to see China Town. The food was tasty and plentiful. The prices are cheap too.

Pros: easy to find, great food, cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Suki Jeh Ru Yi: