Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food place with 2 locations in town. Pleasant atmosphere with tablecloths set up, more upscale then typical Thai places, and a la carte prices are slightly higher. A section in the menu is listed as vegetarian/vegan. Has tofu. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, BYOB, Non-veg
1913 Royal St (Marigny area)
New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
504-948-9309

First Review by LKS
PebblesK9
PebblesK9

Delicious Thai with Lots of Vegan Options

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

Had a great experience here. Staff was lovely, drinks were on special because it was Sunday and the page of vegan options made me very happy. I had the fresh rolls and they were so good I didn't manage to get a photo. Lol. Also ordered Vegan Dirty Noodles and the Vegan Spicy Eggplant Dish. The leftovers saved my life last night when there was nothing edible offered at my work conference. If I lived here, I would definitely go back.

Pros: drink specials, vegan section, thoughtful staff
Cons: we had a really hard time getting a cab back to ho
Susiejwong
Susiejwong

Great Thai food for all persuasions

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2015

Service was great and fast. Food was excellent. I've been to Thailand many times and this restaurant rates well against the homeland. They will do authentic hot Thai is you want it. We had vegan pad Thai with tofu and tofu bean kafir lime with brown rice. Delish!!

vegbaker
vegbaker

Delicious!!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I absolutely LOVE Sukho Thai. They have an entire vegan section on the menu which is just glorious and overwhelming. Each time I've been the staff was very aware of their menu and able to answer my questions. The pad thai is my favorite to get here. They had some great sake specials the last time I went which was nice. The first time I had gone they had sat us next to the pool table, so it was a bit frustrating to be enjoying my anniversary dinner in a nice-ish place and suddenly dodging pool sticks, so I definitely recommend telling them to seat you elsewhere if they try to seat you over there and you aren't in the mood for a bar setting!

Pros: Delicious, Vegan menu!
Cons: pool table next to back tables

Hvasser
Hvasser

food..?

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2014

Honestly, we can't say if the food was good - the menu looked good and the place smelled nice - but after 50 min of waiting we still only had our ice water. We had ordered our tea and appetizer after app. 20 min, but it seemed that we were forgotten. We tried talking to the manager, but he never got back to us and our waiter was busy elsewhere. We're not picky eaters or used to fine dining, but we chose to leave the place... So in conclusion; the food might possibly be good, but we never actually tasted it since their level of service was so low. It was also very cold in the restaurant (December).

ochokitty
ochokitty

vegan menu

Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

Excellent food. Lots of good teas & drinks but no alcohol, might be BYOB. Spring rolls are perfect. Pad Thai & yellow curry with tofu were both great. Fresh crisp veggies, very good place.

Pros: fresh not greasy, teas, good service
LKS
LKS

Great Spot for Vegans

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

Beautiful restaurant. They have a vegan menu so need to guess. Food was great, service was excellent. We would definitely come again when in town.

Pros: Great service, Vegan Menu, Good for large parties

Dear Owner and Manager of Sukho Thai: