Vegetarian Indian restaurant offering both South and North Indian Cuisine. Daily lunch buffet, weekend all-you-can-eat breakfast, chat night Wednesday, and special dosa Friday evenings. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Buffet, Catering, Take-out

First Review by calead910
CatsRBetterThanPeops
CatsRBetterThanPeops

delicious food, accommodating to my people - vegan

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

I have been going to Sukh Sagar for a few years now. This is not only the best Indian food that I have had (been to several Indian restaurants) but this is also my favorite. In particular, I like eating at this restaurant because I feel safe. I am a strict vegan and I have had way too many bad experiences with typical - dead animal serving restaurants who make horrible mistakes with my meals. That has happened to me so many times, no matter how polite I am or how many times I stress and explain vegan and tell them about my "allergies" - I figure they would care about that... Also, I hate to hear people order slaughtered animals at the next table. Anyway, I feel safe at Sukh Sagar. I tell them no dairy; out of the several dozen times I have eaten there, there has never been one careless mistake. The food is great! I come often with my mom even though we are 30 minutes away. We have both brought friends with us and they also enjoyed the food.

They do have a lunch buffet 7 days and on weekends, a breakfast buffet. I have yet to make the breakfast buffet because I keep late hours. I have enjoyed the lunch buffet (only made it on the weekend). The food is always very good and the owner or a server takes the time to go through every item on the buffet and let me know which items have dairy. Typically 2/3 are vegan. Most of the time we go, we order off the menu and the food is always delicious, There is also a Wednesday evening Chaat Buffet (chaat is like appetizers) and Friday is Dosa night. Anytime a buffet is served, one can still order off the menu if preferred.

A few months ago, the restaurant had a cosmetic upgrade. This is a fairly large restaurant with two rooms, at times there is a party in the back. I am posting this as I saw a negative review. I am not discounting that person's experience, I am sure it is valid but I felt I needed to post how great we always find the food. Only once was there an issue with the food. A friend felt that her dish was too salty. We told the waiter; he apologized and brought a fresh new plate of food. The staff is always polite and never rude with my constant "no dairy reminders". Sukh Sagar is a great place to eat (or get take out). Also, they now have an expanded menu.

Really delicious! Give this place a try!

Pros: delicious + very vegan friendly, affordable/good prices, kind serves
Cons: no complaints
Sailu
Sailu

Please dont host any party in this dirty hotel

2 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Hey Friends,

I believe this message will make people think twice before even signing up in this restaurant for any kind of party's. I had heard from others that the restaurant owner "Poojary" is an extremely business minded man. That was proven during my daughters birthday party we hosted at this dirty restaurant. Carpet is extremely dirty, chairs are torn, no proper trash can and no one to change the over flowing trash with the food. The owner of the party is in the kitchen monitoring what goes outside the kitchen to the party hall. He sends used soda for the guests and is stingy in serving the food including the lassi. I advise you all not to go to this restaurant or host any party. Poojary is a liar and is only after your money. Food you get for party is out and out different than the one's served when you order individually. He is not bothered to even ask if things and food are good. Before you even wrap up to leave the hall he himself comes to clean up the party hall tables to send his customers. I am not jealous of this guys prosperity. I just want people to know that a person who can send used soda thinking we are fools to drink the used bottle, can even provide used food for his customers. He is not a trustworthy guy. Dont go by his words. Go by your gut instinct when you plan to host a party in this dirty hotel.

Thanks

Cons: Provides used food, Extremely stingy owner with food., Dirty carpet, chairs, over flowing trash
passedout
passedout

Very Good Buffet for Lunch

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

This was a usual lunch spot for me when I was working in Edison. The buffet is always well made and loaded with a ton of vegan options. Great tasting food and very nice staff. As far as Indian fare, this is one of my favorite places to eat.

Pros: Great Food, Nice Owner, Good Value

calead910
calead910

I just like it there...

3 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2009

Atmosphere is mediocre but I like there lunch buffet and I have ordered off their regular menu many times. I love their dosa's and their malai kofta. I haven't eaten there since omitting dairy from my diet but it's affordable and it has many options. We would go there a lot for cheap vegetarian indian food. You get what you pay for and the service is good.

Dear Owner and Manager of Sukh Sagar: