Restaurant chain originated in India and branched out to many locations. The extensive menu includes cuisines from North Indian tandoor and Punjabi as well as snacks, pizza, Chinese dishes, desserts, fresh juices, and beverages. Spacious, established since 2001. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Chinese, Juice bar, Catering

warmstorage
warmstorage

Pleasant atmosphere, decent food

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

This place has a large dining room, lots of waiters available, and decent to fairly tasty food. I had a delicious roti, and a so-so entree that I now forget what it was (so I guess it wasn't especially memorable, since this was just a few days ago.)

The dining room is quite large for Dubai, bright, and comfortable. Bathrooms in the back.

It's not especially cheap: a single roti cost AED 12 (around USD $3.25) the same as the lunch buffet at Swadist (which I also reviewed on HappyCow!) that is around the corner. You can almost see the two restaurants from one another.

They were familiar with vegan food, and able to point out many options on the extensive menu.

They were a little pushy trying to get me to drink bottled water that I didn't ask for, and didn't open. Put it on the table. Then pushed it closer. Then turned the glass right side up next to it. Then asked me if I wanted it for the second or third time, and I politely declined.

I'd go back for a good meal, but it doesn't blow my socks off.

LOCATION: know that this place is technically located on "Trade Centre Road" but nobody calls it that, and it's not signed as such. It's on what is essentially a frontage road running alongside a freeway called Sheikh Zayed Street, which the Red Line Metro runs along. (Al Karama Metro station is just south.) It's the first storefront north of Kuwait Street. A large Spinney's supermarket is across the large, busy road, but the Metro track ramping down makes it difficult to see it.

Pros: nice dining room, efficient staff
Cons: somewhat expensive, decent but not great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Sukh Sagar Bombay: