High-end vegetarian cuisine chain with locations in Taiwan. Modern, upscale decor. Features a set menu for around NT$400. You choose from one of few main entrees, plus you get appetizer, bread, soup, salad, dessert, and drink. You can only order it as part of a set menu. Some dishes use eggs and dairy; server will point out which dishes are suitable for you. Chinese name is 舒果新米蘭蔬食, address 106台北市大安區羅斯福路二段79號. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Italian
3F, 79, Sec. 2, Roosevelt Road
Taipei, Taiwan
02-2362-9963

Open Mon-Sun 11:30-14:30, 17:30-22:00.

First Review by kim2121
kim2121
kim2121

Fun Dinner

3 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

If I had kids I would probably take them here. The restaurant is trying to achieve an upscale atmosphere with multiple courses and attentive service, but it mostly just felt like a family restaurant. There was a kid's birthday party at the table next to mine and they seemed to be having a lot of fun with their fancy vegetarian meal.

The way the restaurant works is everyone pays a set price (sorry, I already forgot the exact price but the estimate on the description here of 400 TWD sounds about right; it might have even been a bit cheaper than that). You look through a picture menu and make a selection for each course, and I think there was about seven courses. The Italian-fusion food I ate was all good, but nothing was too creative or nuanced. They will make spicy food here, which is a nice change from other Taiwan vegetarian restaurants, but some might even argue a few of the flavors are a bit too heavy-handed (again, maybe good for kids).

Overall, I had a good time. The meal was reasonably priced and I couldn't finish all of it because I was so full. However, I wouldn't call this restaurant upscale. It's trying to be upscale but has a bit of an assembly line feel to it. Plus, the servers were running around with their hands stacked high with dishes and the bathrooms could have used some maintenance. Still, my friends and I had a fun dinner at Sufood!

There's an English menu if you need it (and pictures). Exit 3 of Guting is the closest metro exit. Reservations are probably essential on a weekend. It's a really popular place!

Pros: Fun Environment, Value for Money, Variety
Cons: Food is Average Overall

Dear Owner and Manager of Sufood - Roosevelt: