Subzero Ice Cream and Yogurt

Franchise ice cream and yogurt shop. Ice cream is made to order and flash frozen using liquid nitrogen. Offers an almond milk base, soy milk base, coconut milk base, and has flavors and mix-ins suitable for vegans. more-less
201 Oak Ave Ste D
Carlsbad, California 92008

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Navegante

Love Em

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

I have been getting my vegan ice creams from sub zero since my days in Utah! Not only is it super fun to watch them make your ice cream but is fast, and the staff will clean out their cups if you specify that you are vegan etc. Sometimes they have specific cups that are designated just for almond milk etc. I love getting fruity flavors. The texture of the ice cream can be kind of crunchy at first though so be warned!/

Pros: Delicious, Cleanliness, Creative
Cons: Expensive, Small Portion

Vegan 'Ice Cream' in Carlsbad - YUMMM!!!

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

If you've never been to a Subzero store, you need to try it. The experience of watching them freeze your treat is amazing - cold fog everywhere. It looks like something out of a mad science show. We stopped here because I'm familiar with this chain in Utah as being a place vegans can get a good treat. I had the coconut milk base with coconut flavor and oreo cookies, in a cup. Waffle bowls are not vegan (casein). It is really good. The texture is a bit more slushy than traditional ice cream, but it hits the spot for a cool treat on a hot summer's day. My whole family loved it!

Pros: Vegan frozen treat, Near Legoland and the beach, AMAZING to watch them make it

Dear Owner and Manager of Subzero Ice Cream and Yogurt: