Subia's Organic Cafe and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic food cafe and grocery store. Previously all veg but no longer as of Dec 2012. Many vegetarian and vegan food items and has vegan desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by evelinemater
MichaelBeasley
MichaelBeasley

food was okay; would try again

3 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

I liked the look of their menu, so even though I wasn't really happy with what I ordered, I'd try them a second time.

slo0go
slo0go

Great vegan brunch

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

This place is a store and a 100% vegan cafe. The store sells a lot of veg products, but also sells meat products as well. The store has a great selection from veg products, with more variety than you would find at a common grocery store, for example. I've been here a few times. The cafe has counter service and a juice bar. It offers vegan salads, sandwiches, and breakfast on the weekends. I have always found it to be a bit pricey, so I only go once in a while.

Today we went for breakfast for the first time and it was absolutely delicious. We had the banana walnut pancakes and the breakfast platter. The pancakes were great - so fluffy and flavorful. Most, if not all, of the products sold at Subia's are organic. The maple syrup was REAL, and the pancakes also came with vegan butter. There were four ample cakes that I could not finish in one sitting. The breakfast platter included toast, fake sausage, tempeh bacon, tofu scramble, home fries, and kale stir fry, I think. It was very good! The pancakes came out to $12.49 (I also had sausage with them), and the breakfast platter was $11.99. I think it was worth it!

Pros: Vegan pancakes!, Organic
Cons: A little pricey
dnmp
dnmp

Good Food and Cute Location

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2012

I have been to Subia's twice and I have enjoyed myself and the food both times. The first time I had the Buffalo wing sandwich and it was really good! The second time I had the lentil burger sandwich which was okay. I also enjoyed their desserts. I've had the double chocolate cake and the carrot cake.

Finally, I like that this location is both a cafe and a market because you can get something to eat and take something to go or pick up a few things all in one trip.

Pros: Quaint, Small, Nice Owners/Workers
Cons: Small, Not a large selection
Carmen Gloria
Carmen Gloria

• non-vegetarian

Excellent Vegetarian restaurant-Subias

5 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2009

I cannot imagine the staff being unfriendly, they were polite, quick and friendly. Everyone has a bad day. Chill out.

driababe
driababe

Mmmm

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

My husband and I love Subia's. It's our veggie mecca in Jersey City. The food is good--buffalo "chicken" wings, "beef" chili, and the "chicken" nuggets are yummy, though the lentils that accompany the dinners can be a bit bland. Their tea selection is nice, and they carry some great grocery items. They also have many home-made vegan baked goods.

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Good location
Cons: Small dining space (cafe tables & bar), They also serve meat
evelinemater
evelinemater

We liked it! (Want give it 3.5 "HappyCows")

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2007

The service we had was great, though it wasn't busy. The "meat" balls in the sub had nice pieces of fresh onion & oregano in them, the sauce was tangy. The eggplant "parmagiano" was also very tasty, with just a little bit too much olive oil. Nice fresh side salad.

We were just passing through Jersey City & were surprised to stumble on it, so I can't say that we'll be going back soon. But if I lived in NJ & were vegan, I'd be happy to return.

Pros: good food, nice neighbourhood
Cons: everything should be, store shelves semi-bare

Dear Owner and Manager of Subia's Organic Cafe and Market: