Su Life Vegetarian Restaurant

Small vegetarian restaurant located in Palmdale Shopping Centre opposite Garden City. Vegans please ask about menu items with no eggs and milk. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out
Logan Road, Shop 4/2120, Upper Mt Gravatt
Brisbane, Queensland 4122

Open Mon-Sun 11am-2:30pm, 5-9pm.

• Cash only

First Review by camerongreen
vegan mikal
vegan mikal

Great value food

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

The three of us arrived here for an early dinner on a Sunday. We were the first diners there and were served quickly and with a smile - a great start. The menu is quite long and it took us ages to work out what to try. Unfortunately, the menu also lacks sufficient detail, so we had to ask the friendly waitress for help.

The food is mostly Chinese veg/vegan cuisine, with just a couple of Japanese influences thrown in (miso hotpot/soup, and udon soup). The Chinese flavours cover a wide range, from Sichuan to herb-based, so we felt really spoilt for choice.

Our food arrived quickly and almost all at once. Our seafood-flavoured entrees were tasty and good value. The portions for the mains were perfect - not too small and not ridiculously large. We shared all of our meals and each was given a thumbs up by all three of us.

We all left the now almost-full restaurant with full tummies. Best of all, I was not feeling bloated, but simply full, and this feeling lasted until after 9am the following morning. This was amazing, given that I'm usually starving by 7.30am!

Su Life is a must-try Brisbane venue. The most expensive meal is $15.50, and that's hard to come by nowadays!
Updated from previous review on Monday December 23, 2013

Pros: Great flavours, Excellent value, Friendly folks
Cons: Not enough detail in menu items
mabatpalm
mabatpalm

Yum Yum Yum

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

I took my two young teenage children here for dinner while on a very short break in Brisbane, and it was YUM. We had so much food, and it was very inexpensive. On recommendation from Brisbane vegan bloggers, we ordered a faux chicken dish - I think it was Crispy, Spicy Chicken. Not being fans of meat replacements, we thought we would try anyway. Oh my goodness. It was beyond sweet, but we could not stop eating it, can't really explain the flavours, but it was really delicious. We also had the fried dumplings, spring rolls, some pancake concoction which again was hard to pinpoint the flavour, but again we could not stop eating it.

They also serve bubble teas, and flavoured cold green teas - we had some green apple green tea, all freshly made and delicious. We would highly recommend this little restaurant. Lovely staff, just one girl running tables and it was quite busy for a Sunday night. Well done.

Pros: Delicious fresh good., Lovely staff., Inexpensive.
Cons: No cons.
camerongreen
camerongreen

Good food

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2012

I've eaten at Su Life a couple of times now and I find the food to always be tasty. Things I've particularly liked were the spicy mushroom and the tofu rice with vegetables...actually for such a plainly named dish that last one really surprised me and the other guy at our table who ordered it. The staff were also really nice, if you are going with a large group I recommend ordering a set meal and letting them know in advance, though I guess that applies to most small to midsize restaurants.

They have heaps of vegan options, but just make very clear that you are vegan, and don't be afraid to ask questions. I think they have learned a lot about what is vegan since opening it up :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Outdoor seating, Tasty
Cons: Make sure it's vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Su Life Vegetarian Restaurant: