Strictly Vegetarian

Counter service. Confirmed open July 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Caribbean, Soul Food
2268 Church Ave (Bedford & Flatbush)
Brooklyn, New York 11226
718-284-2543

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am, Sun 12-8pm.

• Cash only

First Review by Jamaicanveggie
Shikarpuri
Shikarpuri

A Down to Earth Place with a Healthy Variety

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

Flavorful, low fat meals with a variety of vegetables, beans, tofu, and mock meat served on a bed of vegetable rice and pasta. Especially enjoyed their collard greens and the baked vegetable pocket (like a turnover). While the food is light, the quantities are large--I could only finish 2/3rds of a 'medium' plate (only $9). I liked the desserts--if you like them too sweet and oily, you may not. A mellow Guyanese vegan chef--who said he never heard the term "vegetarian" or "vegan" in his home town, but this was what food was. A well worn bible was open to the Psalms at the counter--suggesting a vegan Christian group. Place was constantly busy with Caribbean clients who say it is the best Caribbean food in New York, and an occasional hipster. Most people seem to do takeout, but there is a counter if you want to eat in as we did.
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 02, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Down to earth, Great Value
Cons: Definitely not a date place!, Colorful neighborhood felt safe @daytime, Minimal counter seating
keenamonae
keenamonae

my first vegetarian experience

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

Stopped by here after my workout at planet fitness and I fell in love. I had everything for $7. I had more than enough leftover for dinner. The customer service is great I will be here after every workout.

Pros: friendly staff, great food, large proportions
ChrisGreen
ChrisGreen

• non-vegetarian

Good Food/ Great Service

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

I've been a customer since they opened and beyond the good food (they are one of the best in Brooklyn, period) I return because of the good customer service. My boy GT (as I call him) always makes it a good experience. He even gives you good health advice. Please visit this place and tell me how it was. Tell then Knotti sent you! Ill go get a picture to upload today!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Customer Service, Very reasonable proces
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Very good food

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

Very good food at the counter which you can see and choose. They dish it out for you. I had several of the items. This brief review applies to all 3 of the restaurants that I tried - Strictly Vegetarian, Scoops, and Four Seasons. The owners and operators are from the islands, and their food is all very similar.

Jamaicanveggie
Jamaicanveggie

best soy chunks

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2008

This restaurant is so good its a take out restaurant but for the price its very good. They serve buffet style meaning what ever they cooked for the day you will get a portion of each dish. I usually get the $8.00 plate of food and for the price i get to eat out of it like three times its great love it will always go back

Pros: price, portions, taste
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Strictly Vegetarian: