Stone Brewing World Bistro...

Serves meat, veg options available. While the menu is mostly meat based, it also offers a few vegetarian and vegan dishes using tofu, tempeh, and veggies. Sources in-season, local, and organic produce. Has vegan-friendly beers. Spacious atmosphere and garden. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, California 92029
760-294-7866

Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
bvanb
bvanb

tofu stir fry

2 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2011

Sent this dish back due to hair like fibers throughout bowl. Chef said it is ginger. I have not had ginger resemble hair whenever I use it in dishes. Also the dish was very oily and should be called Fried Rice because that is what it is.

SiaEra
SiaEra

Wide selection of Vegan friendly beers

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

My fiance and I came here with some friends for dinner. We started off with the Spud buds for an appetizer, the smoked porter BBQ sauce that it came with is very tasty. They sell their sauces in the gift shop. They had two Vegan options to choose from, one was the Temphe shepard's pie and the other was the Tasty tofu stir-fry. The Temphe shepards pie is very spicy and reminded me of Chorizo a little bit, but I liked it a lot. I loved the Tofu stir-fry though, the portion was large and had lots of fresh veggies. They have a great selection of Vegan friendly beers which is awesome, I ordered Avery white rascal and my fiance got Levitation ale. This place is a little pricey but the ambiance and service are well worth it.

Pros: Friendly staff, Some Veg options, Tasty beer
Cons: a little pricey
Rynnegade
Rynnegade

Great atmosphere, lots of vegan options

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2011

We love going to Stone! The trip is worth it just for the gorgeous fire gardens you'll be dining in. They also have lots of vegan options from Tempeh Shepherd's Pie to asian-inspired dishes, to amazing salads. They even just came out with a vegan desert option! And the beer's great too. Now for the not so hot news, it's pricey, very pricey, and the flavors really leave a lot to desire in some of the dishes - that said when I go out to dinner and order a salad over a vegan dish - it has to be a really good salad (and theirs is.) I'm not interested in a lot of their vegan options because they are asian or mushroom based but if that floats your boat and you're not a picky vegan like me then you might love those dishes. Last bit of bad news...their chef is trying but I think he's still fairly confused on what vegans like and how to go about cooking it, because you know that new vegan dessert they just came out with? It's a tomato terrine. Yup. Tomato-flavored jello-like substance. We vegans would much prefer that to a vegan chocolate lava cake or any number of tried and true popular desserts veganized. Last note, they have a vegan sampler night coming up in May and it sounds like a lot of fun!

Pros: Lots of veg options, Even veg desert!, Atmosphere!!!!
Cons: Food is good not great., Dessert is a tomato terrine. :(, Expensive
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

great brewery

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

While on business in Escondido, my colleague and I went to Stone Brewing to have a tour and dinner. We arrived just after 5pm and got tickets for the 6pm tour. The tours are first come, first serve. While we waited for the tour, we sat at the outdoor bar (there's an indoor one too) and enjoyed a pint. The gardens are lovely and tranquil. You'd never know it from the outside of the building what's inside. The tour itself was about 45 minutes and included free samples at the end. It was informative, funny and enjoyable. Afterwards, we had dinner and we were seated inside rather than on the patio as they were extremely busy. While the menu doesn't have many veg options, they are clearly marked and it is nice to be able to order at a brewery without asking 20 questions. I ordered the Spud Buds appetizer which is basically deep fried mashed potato balls in an Arrogant Bastard ale batter with a side of the smoked porter bbq sauce. Yummy! For my entree, I got the tempeh shepard's pie which was good, but a little heavily seasoned for my taste. Of course, I enjoyed more beer. My colleague ordered a salad and an arrogant bastard brownie. She had a marvelous time and I highly recommend coming with other people. Also, the layout is fabulous. There's a store and the restaurant is both inside and outside. The space is open with lots of glass, both looking outside and at the brewing facility. I'd love to come back on an afternoon and enjoy lunch outside.

Pros: gorgeous decor and landscaping, great brewery tour, good vegan options
Cons: serves meat, dairy and eggs

Dear Owner and Manager of Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens: